Ben Murphy

About to start the CR-1 Process - help!

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

My wife and & got married about a month ago in the United Kingdom (where I live). She is a U.S. Citizen, living in the United States. We have been together for a little over 6 years doing the backwards and forwards thing. We are now ready to put all the airport goodbyes behind us and start our new lives together!

I've done mountains of research on what we need to apply for, what the process is, what documents we need, etc. but can't help feeling like I've still got so many questions that I need answering before we start the Visa process (without paying thousands of pounds / dollars for it!). 

Is there anyone here who has been in ours or a similar situation and has successfully gone through the process who can walk me through their experience, and tell me exactly what we need to do, when, who does what, what documents / evidence we need so we can crack on with the process? 

I would be eternally grateful for any support! 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

We’ve all done it.  It’s rarely complicated or needs legal assistance.

Step 1:  She needs to file an I130 Petition for you.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

The instructions are with the link.

It will be several months before the petition is approved.  Make sure everything that is requested is attached.

Once the petition is approved and she receives the approval notice it will be transferred to the department of state for processing your immigrant visa.

Hardest part (not really hard but takes a bit of time) is gathering the documents for attachment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

We didn't get through the whole process yet but are at the stage in which we are supposed to receive our interview letter. Feel free to send me a message if you got some questions.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Megadreams said:

We didn't get through the whole process yet but are at the stage in which we are supposed to receive our interview letter. Feel free to send me a message if you got some questions.

I'm sure the offer is appreciated, but the way VisaJourney works is to post questions publicly in this forum, so others can both benefit from the process, and/or add value/correct advice given by others.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ben Murphy said:

Hello everyone, 

My wife and & got married about a month ago in the United Kingdom (where I live). She is a U.S. Citizen, living in the United States. We have been together for a little over 6 years doing the backwards and forwards thing. We are now ready to put all the airport goodbyes behind us and start our new lives together!

I've done mountains of research on what we need to apply for, what the process is, what documents we need, etc. but can't help feeling like I've still got so many questions that I need answering before we start the Visa process (without paying thousands of pounds / dollars for it!). 

Is there anyone here who has been in ours or a similar situation and has successfully gone through the process who can walk me through their experience, and tell me exactly what we need to do, when, who does what, what documents / evidence we need so we can crack on with the process? 

I would be eternally grateful for any support! 

If your spouse has legal immigration status in the UK and she is living with you, you can file direct consular filing with the embassy. This should shorten the lengthy Visa process significantly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.