134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My fiance and I received our packet 3 via email from the US embassy in Haiti. The affidavit of support form was not one of the requested forms. I've called and ask if we should bring it to the interview they said they have everything they requested.

Has any recent 2019 petitioners have a similar experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Id like to follow this post as I’m helping my husbands cousin with the process. They just received the email and it did not include info about the I134 as well. 

Hope someone can shed light :) 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

How long did it take you to receive the email (packet three) after you received the letter from NVC saying it was sending the packet to the embassy in Haiti? Also did you wait to apply for the DS-160 until you received the packet or did you apply right away once you received the NVC letter? Also, even if the Affidavit of Support is not requested, should we have prepared just in case? Sorry for all the questions!!

Timeline

Hey Addie, I never technically received packet 3 just an email version of it. About 3 weeks after it was sent there. 

We had the interview and they askedy fiance my income but they didn't take the financial forms I brought with me. 

Timeline
On 9/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, Dee305 said:

Hey Addie, I never technically received packet 3 just an email version of it. About 3 weeks after it was sent there. 

We had the interview and they askedy fiance my income but they didn't take the financial forms I brought with me. 

Did your finance walk in to the medical or did he make an appointment? It seems like no one is answering the phones at either doctor clinic.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, TennilleO said:

Hey @Nephie maybe this forum can help you with your questions about the P3

@TennilleO thank you 

Edited by Nephie

Timeline

Hey guys I’m new here. My fiancé is in Haiti I want to get more info about P3 interview process and time we have to wait after NVC send the case to embassy. Please anything will help

Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 1:58 PM, Luckycuds said:

answering

We are still waiting on the packet so he has not yet attempted to make an appointment. There has been a lot of unrest in the country lately so that may be impacting things...

Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 7:56 PM, Nephie said:

Hey guys I’m new here. My fiancé is in Haiti I want to get more info about P3 interview process and time we have to wait after NVC send the case to embassy. Please anything will help

Hi I am helping my husbands cousin who is going through the process. Here is the “packet 3” email that was sent from the embassy..

DOCUMENT COLLECTION:
1) Obtain a valid passport. If you already have one, make sure it is valid for at least six more months.
2) Complete your online visa application (DS-160) at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Note the visa category is “K.” For any questions that do not apply, answer “N/A” or “Not Applicable.” Print the confirmation sheet that is generated when you finish filling out the form. Retain your DS-160 confirmation number: you will need this to pay your visa fee.
3) Create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com/ht. Click on “Create Account.” Follow the prompts to select the correct visa category (K) and enter your DS-160 confirmation number when requested. Generate a deposit slip to pay your visa fee. Print the confirmation page of your profile registration.
4) Take your visa fee deposit slip to any SOGEXPRESS and pay your visa fee ($265 USD per person).
5) Obtain your birth extract (“extrait”) from the Haitian National Archives, located in Port-au-Prince. This version is blue, with pink at the top.
a) If you or the petitioner were previously married, obtain from the Haitian National Archives your marriage extract(s) and the divorce or death extract to prove the dissolution of each prior marriage. If the marriage/divorce/death occurred in the United States, submit the original certificate (often called “certified copy”).
b) If you or the petitioner has children, obtain each child’s birth extract from the Haitian National Archives (or original from the United States or other place of birth).

6) If after the age of 16 you lived outside of Haiti for one year or more, or if you are currently living outside of Haiti for the past six months, you must present a police certificate from that place of residence. If you have been arrested anywhere, obtain a certified court record showing the final disposition of the case against you (if you were declared innocent, guilty, the sentence imposed, etc.).
7) Each applicant must submit six photographs (two to send to the Embassy, four for the medical exam). The photos should be 2x2 inches or 5x5 centimeters, in color, with white background, on photo-quality paper. The photographs should not be retouched or altered in any way). The face should be entirely visible and not obstructed in any way. The applicant should not be wearing glasses.
For more information on photo requirements, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html.
😎 Proof of your relationship over time with the petitioner from the time you met until present. For example, dated pictures of you together, printouts of emails or WhatsApp messages and phone calls to each other, money transfer receipts, boarding passes showing the petitioner’s visits to Haiti, hotel receipts showing where you stayed together, etc. If your children are applying, proof of your relationship to them (photos of you together, etc.)
DOCUMENT SUBMISSION:
After you have collected all of the above required documents, access your account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp and print two copies of the “Document Submission Letter.” Fill out this form, which DHL requires in order for you to drop off your documents for delivery to the Embassy. Drop off all documents to DHL between 8:00am and 4:00pm at one of their three locations in Haiti:
Port-au-Prince : 17 Blvd. T. Louverture
Cap Haitien : 164 Rue 5A
Carrefour : Route Nationale #2 Diquini, Immeuble Delimart

 We recommend you use the checklist on the next page. If you send us all of the required documents, we will contact you with an interview appointment date and time with an American consular officer.
 If you do not send all of the required documents, we will send you a list of the missing documents still needed.
Beneficiaries should not make any travel arrangements for departure, dispose of personal property, or make other life changes until the visa has been issued. Applicants must travel to the United States before the expiration date of the visa.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at support- Haiti@ustraveldocs.com, or via telephone at 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (United States).
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit Chief

Follow up from my precious post. This is the “document checklist” 

FIANCE (K) VISA DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
Please be sure you are submitting the following documents for each applicant (K-1 and any K-2s derivative children):
____ A copy of the biographic page of your passport (the page where your name and photo appears).
____ DS-160 confirmation page (from https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/). ____ SOGEXPRESS receipt(s) - $265 USD.
The following must be the extract version (blue in color) from the Haitian National Archives in Port-au-Prince (or the original from the United States):
____  Your original birth extracts.
____ All prior original marriage and divorce extracts for you. If a prior spouse died, the death certificate.
____ All prior original marriage and divorce extracts for the petitioner. If a prior spouse died, the death certificate.
____ If you or the petitioner has children, their birth extracts.
Also:
____ Two passport-size photographs (see instructions on page two above).
____ Medical exam results (do NOT open the envelope).
____ Proof of your relationship over time with the petitioner, from the time you met
until present. For example, dated pictures of you together, printouts of emails or WhatsApp messages and phone calls to each other, money transfer receipts, boarding passes showing the petitioner’s visits to Haiti, hotel receipts showing where you stayed together, etc. If your children are applying, proof of your relationship to them (photos of you together, etc.)
____ If applicable: If after the age of 16 you lived outside of Haiti for one year or more, or if you are currently living outside of Haiti for the past six months, you must present a police certificate from that place of residence. If you have been arrested anywhere, obtain a certified court record showing the final disposition of the case against you (if you were declared innocent, guilty, the sentence imposed, etc.)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline
5 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi I am helping my husbands cousin who is going through the process. Here is the “packet 3” email that was sent from the embassy..

DOCUMENT COLLECTION:
1) Obtain a valid passport. If you already have one, make sure it is valid for at least six more months.
2) Complete your online visa application (DS-160) at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Note the visa category is “K.” For any questions that do not apply, answer “N/A” or “Not Applicable.” Print the confirmation sheet that is generated when you finish filling out the form. Retain your DS-160 confirmation number: you will need this to pay your visa fee.
3) Create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com/ht. Click on “Create Account.” Follow the prompts to select the correct visa category (K) and enter your DS-160 confirmation number when requested. Generate a deposit slip to pay your visa fee. Print the confirmation page of your profile registration.
4) Take your visa fee deposit slip to any SOGEXPRESS and pay your visa fee ($265 USD per person).
5) Obtain your birth extract (“extrait”) from the Haitian National Archives, located in Port-au-Prince. This version is blue, with pink at the top.
a) If you or the petitioner were previously married, obtain from the Haitian National Archives your marriage extract(s) and the divorce or death extract to prove the dissolution of each prior marriage. If the marriage/divorce/death occurred in the United States, submit the original certificate (often called “certified copy”).
b) If you or the petitioner has children, obtain each child’s birth extract from the Haitian National Archives (or original from the United States or other place of birth).

6) If after the age of 16 you lived outside of Haiti for one year or more, or if you are currently living outside of Haiti for the past six months, you must present a police certificate from that place of residence. If you have been arrested anywhere, obtain a certified court record showing the final disposition of the case against you (if you were declared innocent, guilty, the sentence imposed, etc.).
7) Each applicant must submit six photographs (two to send to the Embassy, four for the medical exam). The photos should be 2x2 inches or 5x5 centimeters, in color, with white background, on photo-quality paper. The photographs should not be retouched or altered in any way). The face should be entirely visible and not obstructed in any way. The applicant should not be wearing glasses.
For more information on photo requirements, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html.
😎 Proof of your relationship over time with the petitioner from the time you met until present. For example, dated pictures of you together, printouts of emails or WhatsApp messages and phone calls to each other, money transfer receipts, boarding passes showing the petitioner’s visits to Haiti, hotel receipts showing where you stayed together, etc. If your children are applying, proof of your relationship to them (photos of you together, etc.)
DOCUMENT SUBMISSION:
After you have collected all of the above required documents, access your account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp and print two copies of the “Document Submission Letter.” Fill out this form, which DHL requires in order for you to drop off your documents for delivery to the Embassy. Drop off all documents to DHL between 8:00am and 4:00pm at one of their three locations in Haiti:
Port-au-Prince : 17 Blvd. T. Louverture
Cap Haitien : 164 Rue 5A
Carrefour : Route Nationale #2 Diquini, Immeuble Delimart

 We recommend you use the checklist on the next page. If you send us all of the required documents, we will contact you with an interview appointment date and time with an American consular officer.
 If you do not send all of the required documents, we will send you a list of the missing documents still needed.
Beneficiaries should not make any travel arrangements for departure, dispose of personal property, or make other life changes until the visa has been issued. Applicants must travel to the United States before the expiration date of the visa.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at support- Haiti@ustraveldocs.com, or via telephone at 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (United States).
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit Chief

Follow up from my precious post. This is the “document checklist” 

FIANCE (K) VISA DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
Please be sure you are submitting the following documents for each applicant (K-1 and any K-2s derivative children):
____ A copy of the biographic page of your passport (the page where your name and photo appears).
____ DS-160 confirmation page (from https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/). ____ SOGEXPRESS receipt(s) - $265 USD.
The following must be the extract version (blue in color) from the Haitian National Archives in Port-au-Prince (or the original from the United States):
____  Your original birth extracts.
____ All prior original marriage and divorce extracts for you. If a prior spouse died, the death certificate.
____ All prior original marriage and divorce extracts for the petitioner. If a prior spouse died, the death certificate.
____ If you or the petitioner has children, their birth extracts.
Also:
____ Two passport-size photographs (see instructions on page two above).
____ Medical exam results (do NOT open the envelope).
____ Proof of your relationship over time with the petitioner, from the time you met
until present. For example, dated pictures of you together, printouts of emails or WhatsApp messages and phone calls to each other, money transfer receipts, boarding passes showing the petitioner’s visits to Haiti, hotel receipts showing where you stayed together, etc. If your children are applying, proof of your relationship to them (photos of you together, etc.)
____ If applicable: If after the age of 16 you lived outside of Haiti for one year or more, or if you are currently living outside of Haiti for the past six months, you must present a police certificate from that place of residence. If you have been arrested anywhere, obtain a certified court record showing the final disposition of the case against you (if you were declared innocent, guilty, the sentence imposed, etc.)

Thank you so much. I noticed they don’t ask for affidavit and police report. Is that for everyone. I’m consern since he doesn’t have he’s marriage certificate for his previous marriage. But we do have the divorce paper. Do I have to call and ask for process for his son since I want my fiancé to come with him as well

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, Nephie said:

Thank you so much. I noticed they don’t ask for affidavit and police report. Is that for everyone. I’m consern since he doesn’t have he’s marriage certificate for his previous marriage. But we do have the divorce paper. Do I have to call and ask for process for his son since I want my fiancé to come with him as well

It appears Haiti does not require the affidavit of support. He will most likely need his marriage certificate and I recommend he contacts the correct department to obtain it. For your finances son- did you include him in the I-129f petition? Is he under 18?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

It appears Haiti does not require the affidavit of support. He will most likely need his marriage certificate and I recommend he contacts the correct department to obtain it. For your finances son- did you include him in the I-129f petition? Is he under 18?

Thank you for responding. My fiancé is trying to get the marriage certificate but Haiti now everything stop I don’t how long it will take. His son is only 10years old and yes I did included him in the I129f I sent to uscis 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, Luckycuds said:

Hi 

sorry to bother you. I’ve followed different groups my case had assigned to me couple days before October 1 shipment. It looks like my case still at NVC please let me know if you have any suggestions for me. I am confused why it hasn’t been sent to ambassy yet since there was another shipment October 15. I called NVC they didn’t tell me anything. Please help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.