22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

:help: Just completed my initial application, but am having a problem with a possible Catch-22.

Question 1. My fiancee's Mom died in January of 2006, but in the interim her father has not filed the necessary papers to register the death with the government. So although she has been dead for 18 months, a check of Russian records might do not show it. (She verified this with a friend of hers from the Moscow Police) So the question is what do I put on the G325a? The truth is that my Fiancee's mom is dead. However, if I put deceased and they check the official record it will look wrong. Her Dad is living far away in southern Russia and probably wont even get to these papers until late October. A. Do they check this information? B. If they do and found a discrepancy, what are the conequences? C. Can she just explain this at the interview? Any help with this? I'm gonna try and call the Embassy to see if they can help with this question.

Question 2. I signed the G325a for my fiancee out of convenience. Did my best to replicate her signature. :secret: Is this a major deal? From reading posts here I know the mantra of always being truthful, but am I courting serious heartache if I do it this way? Also, is it possible for me to send her the completed form, have her print it and sign and scan it and send it back to me via email? Or does the G325a have to have her ACTUAL signature?

I'll tell you after reading posts on this board, I think I am so paranoid that some pinhead is going to derail my life and our happiness because of some bureaucratic BS. And why do people in CA have to put up with wait times over twice as long as Vermont??? Sheesh!

Thank you all for your help!

James & Svetlana

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

:help: Just completed my initial application, but am having a problem with a possible Catch-22.

Question 1. My fiancee's Mom died in January of 2006, but in the interim her father has not filed the necessary papers to register the death with the government. So although she has been dead for 18 months, a check of Russian records might do not show it. (She verified this with a friend of hers from the Moscow Police) So the question is what do I put on the G325a? The truth is that my Fiancee's mom is dead. However, if I put deceased and they check the official record it will look wrong. Her Dad is living far away in southern Russia and probably wont even get to these papers until late October. A. Do they check this information? B. If they do and found a discrepancy, what are the conequences? C. Can she just explain this at the interview? Any help with this? I'm gonna try and call the Embassy to see if they can help with this question.

Question 2. I signed the G325a for my fiancee out of convenience. Did my best to replicate her signature. :secret: Is this a major deal? From reading posts here I know the mantra of always being truthful, but am I courting serious heartache if I do it this way? Also, is it possible for me to send her the completed form, have her print it and sign and scan it and send it back to me via email? Or does the G325a have to have her ACTUAL signature?

I'll tell you after reading posts on this board, I think I am so paranoid that some pinhead is going to derail my life and our happiness because of some bureaucratic BS. And why do people in CA have to put up with wait times over twice as long as Vermont??? Sheesh!

James & Svetlana

For question 1. I would simply indicate deceased and year. Don't worry about them checking the Russian death records. You only need a death certificate if it is a former spouse.

As for question 2, gee, uhh, I dunno. :yes:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To question 1: be truthful and say that the mother is dead. That way, if for some bizarre reason they check the death record (chances being .00000000001% that they would) you can just set it straight. A lie is always the wrong choice in this process. Which brings me to...

question 2: What were you thinking? No, you cannot forge your fiance's signature. Yes, the signature must be original. Overnight her the forms and have her send them back to you. It's the only way to do it right, and if someone can tell the signature was forged you could be in big trouble. You probably should not be admitting to your illegal activity on a public forum though...

Filed: Timeline
To question 1: be truthful and say that the mother is dead. That way, if for some bizarre reason they check the death record (chances being .00000000001% that they would) you can just set it straight. A lie is always the wrong choice in this process. Which brings me to...

question 2: What were you thinking? No, you cannot forge your fiance's signature. Yes, the signature must be original. Overnight her the forms and have her send them back to you. It's the only way to do it right, and if someone can tell the signature was forged you could be in big trouble. You probably should not be admitting to your illegal activity on a public forum though...

Well said! Plus it will anger the rest of us who did things the RIGHT and LEGAL way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
For question 1. I would simply indicate deceased and year. Don't worry about them checking the Russian death records. You only need a death certificate if it is a former spouse.

As for question 2, gee, uhh, I dunno. :yes:

Agree with Pshbrk

1, Yes they dont check death records so yes put Deceased and year

2, Lying on any form can cause the case to be rejected, that is forgery, and visa fraud.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

about your fiancee's mom, never ever lie on an application. since she's dead, list her as that, not any other way.

as for the signature, I filled out the form and mailed it to my USC fiance. I'd advise you to do the same.. if you sign for her, that's fraud, and that's a no-no.

(even if you went to a store with say a parent's credit card and their permission to use it, when you have to sign the receipt, you sign YOUR name, not theirs. again, FRAUD.)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

phewall is very quiet, no reply? I guess did not like the answers.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

In regards to your second questions, don't submitt the G-325A with a forged signature. Its fraudlent and may catch up with you in the end.

I mailed my fiance, Teddy, the G-325A (and all the forms that needed his signature) and a month later he still didn't have it. So....I filled in all the info except for his signature and date. I faxed him the forms. He got them, signed them, and scanned the documents back to me. The quality was okay (a little deteriorated but legible.) I e-mailed him to say that I recieved his scans and would mail our 1-29F to USCIS later that day. In my I-129F application I included the following in our G-325A section: (1) the signed version he scanned to me, (2) a post it note explaining that I faxed it to him & he scanned it back,(3) a clear unsigned version of the document, (3) a copy of the fax cover sheet (it had the international fax number, Teddy's mobile number, and instructions on completeing the G-325A, (4) my e-mail telling him I recieved his scans, and (5)my reciept for the fax. I copied and attached items (2-5) to every document he had to sign (Finance letter of intent, etc.). We were approved without an RFE. It was a lot of work. Copying, post its etc. But it worked for us in the end. I figured if USCIS will except copies (with the understanding that they could request originals at anytime) then why wouldn't they accept a fax...its just a copy printed out on a printer located somewhere else.

Hello,

James & Svetlana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Was having some dinner... I can handle the truth... Take it easy on me.... Not to worry..

I have not sent in the application yet so no Fraud has been committed. Thanks for the replies...

1. I concur on the Mom's death issue... My Fiancee is somehow convinced that the Embassy is going to check this and cause a problem... Seems like either way the possibility of them checking is very small, but I agree the truth is always the better option.

2. On the signature issue... It seems like a signed scanned copy should be sufficient... But there I go using common sense. I was hoping it might be an easy shortcut and save some time, money and effort.

Thanks for the info.

James & Svetlana

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey Guys,

Was having some dinner... I can handle the truth... Take it easy on me.... Not to worry..

I have not sent in the application yet so no Fraud has been committed. Thanks for the replies...

1. I concur on the Mom's death issue... My Fiancee is somehow convinced that the Embassy is going to check this and cause a problem... Seems like either way the possibility of them checking is very small, but I agree the truth is always the better option.

2. On the signature issue... It seems like a signed scanned copy should be sufficient... But there I go using common sense. I was hoping it might be an easy shortcut and save some time, money and effort.

Thanks for the info.

James & Svetlana

Nope. It has to be in her handwriting. There are countless posters on here that come on looking for shortcuts to this process all the time. There aren't any.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The signature for your spouse for form G325A what i did for my husband, I had him sign his name in his language and he forwarded it to me by email, i printed it out and on the original G325A and clipped it together, i put See Continuation Sheet and it was accepted. It worked for me!

This will be an unpopular answer with some but I must say the signatures on G325a are of little significance. The important signatures for the foreigner are on the visa applications. My wife never saw the completed G325a forms I filed with the I-130 or I-129F and neither did my step-daughter. They signed file folder labels multiple times. I brought those back with me, cut to fit and affixed them in the appropriate spots. Only a legally blind person would not have noticed. There were no problems. Of course, one must have the foresight to do this before completing the forms.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For #1, put down that she is deceased. If they generate an RFE for you on that, you can then get a report from Moscow saying her death is not registered yet, although, I don't think you would get a RFE for that.

For #2, I would advise you to file with the original signature of the spouse, as is required by the from instructions. Anything less can be construed as visa fraud, which is a very serious offense, and while some people may avoid getting caught, the penalties are very harsh should you be caught.

Edited by bszoom42

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.