lonesurvivor

Interview Next week, Found mistake on I130

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was looking over the docs I submitted with my AOS application and I realize that when we sent them in, we made an error on the section of Part 5 which states "Have you EVER previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other alien?". We selected no at the time because we were not aware (stupidly) that the k1 i129f counted as petition. I have now corrected the document, written an amendment which states that we made the error and what we would like to correct it to, including the WAC number. We did not get far in the k1 process and just received the noa1, after which we sent a withdrawal and stated we were already married so we would like to withdraw it. I included this in my amendment and plan to print out the original withdrawal letter as well.

Will this suffice? We just made a pure error and I am really worried that it might have more consequences. I plan on handing this to the IO before our oath

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

I was looking over the docs I submitted with my AOS application and I realize that when we sent them in, we made an error on the section of Part 5 which states "Have you EVER previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other alien?". We selected no at the time because we were not aware (stupidly) that the k1 i129f counted as petition. I have now corrected the document, written an amendment which states that we made the error and what we would like to correct it to, including the WAC number. We did not get far in the k1 process and just received the noa1, after which we sent a withdrawal and stated we were already married so we would like to withdraw it. I included this in my amendment and plan to print out the original withdrawal letter as well.

Will this suffice? We just made a pure error and I am really worried that it might have more consequences. I plan on handing this to the IO before our oath

I also found some errors in my Form I-485 and I was scheduled for interview already. My lawyer prepared a summary of the errors and the corrections. My lawyer handed it to the IO prior to my oath taking. I learned from my lawyer the words “timely retraction”. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree, if you explain the correction to the IO right at the start, you should be fine.  They may question you a bit on it, but assuming it was just an oversight it should not be a big deal.  My wife missed an item on her N400 application regarding a traffic ticket and she corrected it at the very beginning of the interview with no issues.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.