Adejumo

US Consulate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got to Lagos embassy by 5:30am already met tons of people waiting already. they addressed us by 7:00 am and was divided into immigrant and non immigrant,we all went through some rigorous security checks by 8:30 am we were already in the hall with a lot of people. We were called in one by one to submit our passport and police certificate.

By 12 noon I was called ,took an oath and the co asked:

1.who is petitioning for you?

2.how did you meet?

3.when did it turn romantic?

4.when did we first met?

he also asked for pictures of our wedding. one last issue was when he asked for me to go bring police clearance certificate from India because I had gone to school there. I told him India do not issue police clearance certificate for foreigners that already left there country. I had a supporting document that my wife had gotten of the USA Embassy website. he pressed his keyboard and told me not to worry he had everything he needed to approve my visa. I was filled with joy,he handed me to white paper and told me to go collect my passport at the DHL office a week or two.

One advice I would give is to be fully prepared,your documents should be in a well arranged and indexes file/folder. My wife had created a binder with all the documents she had ever sent to immigration from the start of the process to the end before the interview. Everything was on sheet protectors and clearly labeled bf easy to locate when asked. All I had to do is put in the documents I had to get. She did a photo album with different photos then we had submitted with the I-130. 

Make sure you get new passport photos and another police certificate so everything is current. 

We had one issue after two weeks we had still not gotten the text to collect the passport. We called and was told to email the embassy. The email came back and said the passport had been at DHL on the 15th. My interview was August 8th, visa printed on the 9th. I had gone to DHL on the 21st and they states it was still at the embassy. I was able to pick up my passport on the 29th only because of the email I had gotten. If you are concerned about your passport email lagosiv@state.gov. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Adejumo said:

I got to Lagos embassy by 5:30am already met tons of people waiting already. they addressed us by 7:00 am and was divided into immigrant and non immigrant,we all went through some rigorous security checks by 8:30 am we were already in the hall with a lot of people. We were called in one by one to submit our passport and police certificate.

2.how did you meet?

4.when did we first met?

he also asked for pictures of our wedding. one last issue was when he asked for me to go bring police clearance certificate from India because I had gone to school there. I told him India do not issue police clearance certificate for foreigners that already left there country. I had a supporting document that my wife had gotten of the USA Embassy website. he pressed his keyboard and told me not to worry he had everything he needed to approve my visa. I was filled with joy,he handed me to white paper and told me to go collect my passport at the DHL office a week or two.

One advice I would give is to be fully prepared,your documents should be in a well arranged and indexes file/folder. My wife had created a binder with all the documents she had ever sent to immigration from the start of the process to the end before the interview. Everything was on sheet protectors and clearly labeled bf easy to locate when asked. All I had to do is put in the documents I had to get. She did a photo album with different photos then we had submitted with the I-130. 

Make sure you get new passport photos and another police certificate so everything is current. 

We had one issue after two weeks we had still not gotten the text to collect the passport. We called and was told to email the embassy. The email came back and said the passport had been at DHL on the 15th. My interview was August 8th, visa printed on the 9th. I had gone to DHL on the 21st and they states it was still at the embassy. I was able to pick up my passport on the 29th only because of the email I had gotten. If you are concerned about your passport email lagosiv@state.gov. 

the wait is finally over, congratulations man

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 3:53 AM, Adejumo said:

2.how did you meet?

4.when did we first met?

Is there any other questions asked? Mt interview is in few days.  I'm looking up sample questions

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 3:53 AM, Adejumo said:

2.how did you meet?

4.when did we first met?

Please sir, how long did this whole process take from start to finish?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 2:00 AM, Kenny joy said:

Please sir, how long did this whole process take from start to finish?

Our process started july 3,18 that’s when immigration got the paperwork. His interview was August 8th. We had 3 different errors during the process so that is what held up the process. 

Hopefully this helps you and good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.