APHoward01

N 400 number of spouse marriages

9 posts in this topic

HI everyone

On the question how many times has your spouse been married, my wife answered 0 on the application, I have seen several posts online that the answer should be 1 since I'm married to her. Her interview is scheduled for next month, what should we do?

Tell them at the interview so they can update it. Not an issue.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 hours ago, dilip said:

It  will be one, but you can change it, it is not a big deal.  I did the same mistake , IO said no issue.

Thank you for the response that eases my mind, was worried it would be a problem

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When I filed my N-400 my husband's number should've been "2" (previously married once) but the system put it "1" even though I filled out all of his ex-spouse's information. It didn't come up in the interview at all.

Inputting a number doesn't come up on the online form. It phrases the question like this.

I'm guessing if you click yes it will request details of previous marriages etc.

The questions before asks for date of marriage to my spouse therefore I guess at that point behind the system it will place a 1 in a box somewhere!

Has your current spouse been married previously?

Include annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person.

8 hours ago, LotsOfForms said:

Inputting a number doesn't come up on the online form. It phrases the question like this.

I'm guessing if you click yes it will request details of previous marriages etc.

The questions before asks for date of marriage to my spouse therefore I guess at that point behind the system it will place a 1 in a box somewhere!

Has your current spouse been married previously?

Include annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person.

Well we did it online so maybe it entered the 0 Automatically if so that is really weird.

Well I need to look at the form again then as I saw nowhere on it where it asked me to put a number of how many marriages my spouse has had. At least I know I have to put a 1 in a box if it comes up 😆

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.