Denn

When will I get an interview date

80 posts in this topic

Queloque. 

It seems like they are taking 2 to 4 months to schedule appointments. 

Any of you have tried the expedite option? 

My case is completed but it's not transferred to the embassy yet. How long does it take them to do so?

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

14 hours ago, Cayacoa said:

Queloque. 

It seems like they are taking 2 to 4 months to schedule appointments. 

Any of you have tried the expedite option? 

My case is completed but it's not transferred to the embassy yet. How long does it take them to do so?

What date were you CC ?

On 10/10/2019 at 12:13 AM, Jess29 said:

August of last year ?? What category ? Thats way too long

Yes I finished filling out the app with my laywer around 8/10/18 our PD was 10/3/18 and our case was finally sent to NVC on 7/1/19. I got all the necessary fees and applications fill out by 8/14/19 and our documents were approved on 9/20. Still waiting for interview date.

3 hours ago, Jess29 said:

What date were you CC ?

October 7th

20 hours ago, Cayacoa said:

October 7th

uff you have some time to wait.. I was CC on Aug 6th and still waiting for an interview .. Your case is not going to the embassy until they have scheduled your interview 

1 hour ago, Jess29 said:

uff you have some time to wait.. I was CC on Aug 6th and still waiting for an interview .. Your case is not going to the embassy until they have scheduled your interview 

The embassy usually takes 2 months to schedule, you should be getting it any day now 🤔 the thing that upsets me the most is that there's no way for us to know what dates they are working on.

7 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

The embassy usually takes 2 months to schedule, you should be getting it any day now 🤔 the thing that upsets me the most is that there's no way for us to know what dates they are working on.

I know trust me. Its very frustrating  & hopefully it is all over soon. Good luck to you 

Hello everyone! 

Reading up on some of conversations you all have going. Im on same track as some of you, with CC date of 07/19 

I called and got through to NVC last week, and as many of you have been told, they are not much help (but dont blame them, they rely on the consulate to give them the appointment availability). Lady I spoke to was really nice and even went as far as suggesting contact with santo Domingo embassy directly, to find out it they can offer better understanding of just how backed up they are. 

She also did mention that from what she sees on the computer, Santo Domingo schedules interviews for the upcoming month throughout thr current month, up until the last week or so. 

Lastly, the whole 30-90 day time frame to obtain IL she mentioned is not "set in stone" , meaning that this is just an estimated wait time the NVC tells people they will receive interview..for some it can be longer, but for many it can be within that time frame. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Flor894 said:

Hello everyone! 

Reading up on some of conversations you all have going. Im on same track as some of you, with CC date of 07/19 

I called and got through to NVC last week, and as many of you have been told, they are not much help (but dont blame them, they rely on the consulate to give them the appointment availability). Lady I spoke to was really nice and even went as far as suggesting contact with santo Domingo embassy directly, to find out it they can offer better understanding of just how backed up they are. 

She also did mention that from what she sees on the computer, Santo Domingo schedules interviews for the upcoming month throughout thr current month, up until the last week or so. 

Lastly, the whole 30-90 day time frame to obtain IL she mentioned is not "set in stone" , meaning that this is just an estimated wait time the NVC tells people they will receive interview..for some it can be longer, but for many it can be within that time frame. 

Hope this helps!

I was thinking about calling the embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.