Jump to content
Leah5

public charge ground

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 My question is if the petition isn’t getting any government assistance but the kids of the petitioner is receiving  chip insurance does that fall under the guidelines of public charge ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the petitioner is a US citizen and her children are they are entitled to those benefits. It shouldn't be held against her or the beneficiary.  I would think if she get those benefits that co sponsor would be necessary.  I would maybe suggest talking with an attorney perhaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, melindaabdullah said:

If the petitioner is a US citizen and her children are they are entitled to those benefits. It shouldn't be held against her or the beneficiary.  I would think if she get those benefits that co sponsor would be necessary.  I would maybe suggest talking with an attorney perhaps. 

Maybe?  Suggest?  Perhaps? All in the same sentence.  I gave a link to the relevant information.  Note that the affidavit of support asks no questions about whether children of sponsor receive means tested benefits.  "Held against"?  What does that even mean in this context.  The Consular Officer will evaluate the public charge concern based on the totality of circumstances available to evaluate.  Information about US Citizen children's means tested benefits is not part of what is available to evaluate.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Maybe?  Suggest?  Perhaps? All in the same sentence.  I gave a link to the relevant information.  Note that the affidavit of support asks no questions about whether children of sponsor receive means tested benefits.  "Held against"?  What does that even mean in this context.  The Consular Officer will evaluate the public charge concern based on the totality of circumstances available to evaluate.  Information about US Citizen children's means tested benefits is not part of what is available to evaluate.

 I've been through this and going through it still. I'm o lu giving my thoughts on it. My advice to him was to seek counsel as I did. I have rad things on sites that were not necessarily the exact truth.  I'm telling her what my attorney said. You and your children can be on means tested benefits. It the beneficiary that can not and VO takes in THE WHOLE CIRCUMSTANCES . But I can't see it a problem over insurance. Again o ly giving my opinion just as you gave your link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, melindaabdullah said:

 I've been through this and going through it still. I'm o lu giving my thoughts on it. My advice to him was to seek counsel as I did. I have rad things on sites that were not necessarily the exact truth.  I'm telling her what my attorney said. You and your children can be on means tested benefits. It the beneficiary that can not and VO takes in THE WHOLE CIRCUMSTANCES . But I can't see it a problem over insurance. Again o ly giving my opinion just as you gave your link. 

And my opinion is that YOUR opinion was so vague, it was not "helpful".


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Maybe?  Suggest?  Perhaps? All in the same sentence.  I gave a link to the relevant information.  Note that the affidavit of support asks no questions about whether children of sponsor receive means tested benefits.  "Held against"?  What does that even mean in this context.  The Consular Officer will evaluate the public charge concern based on the totality of circumstances available to evaluate.  Information about US Citizen children's means tested benefits is not part of what is available to evaluate.

I’ve noticed that USCIS states the updating of i864 form according to the Final rules.

We will see if sponsor needs to provide public benefit use record. 

1079AD49-8ADF-4A26-876D-395AD9C18604.jpeg

Edited by Paduppa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paduppa said:

I’ve noticed that USCIS states the updating of i864 form according to the Final rules.

We will see if sponsor needs to provide public benefit use record. 

1079AD49-8ADF-4A26-876D-395AD9C18604.jpeg

Good point.  The OP is asking a present tense question and has present tense answers. Those answers may well change if submitting the I-864 after October 15.  We don't know.  We haven't seen the new version yet.  There may also be a supplement to it that is required.

 


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

And my opinion is that YOUR opinion was so vague, it was not "helpful"

https://cliniclegal.org/resources/dhs-finalizes-public-charge-rule

 

Hope this helps... 

Screenshot_20190908-203748.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...