ventorph

medical expiration/sputum St. Luke's Medical Center

8 posts in this topic

My wife and I have suffered considerable delays.We have an RFE after interview. It looks like we won't make her medical expiration deadline. Does anyone have experience with this? We had to do sputum and culture already.It was negative. Looking for info on when she does medical again will she have to redo sputum testing and culture. We are in Manila and use St. Luke's Medical Center.

40 minutes ago, ventorph said:

My wife and I have suffered considerable delays.We have an RFE after interview. It looks like we won't make her medical expiration deadline. Does anyone have experience with this? We had to do sputum and culture already.It was negative. Looking for info on when she does medical again will she have to redo sputum testing and culture. We are in Manila and use St. Luke's Medical Center.

It's my understanding that they do not do partial exams. If they feel further tests are required, she'll have to follow their instructions.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, ventorph said:

Medical from SLEC is valid for 6 months in regards to the visa.  You are going to run into this expiration date very soon because of a 221g ?   What date did your wife start the medical?

I know of only a few that have reached the end of the 6 months.  Most have this issue because of a positive SPUTUM culture and having to take the medication, then of course a new medical is required.  There was one person a few years back that got close and the embassy asked her if she could clear POE before the "expiration date" (there was only something like 5 or 6 days), she said she could and they issued the visa, she managed to get her CFO sticker and clear POE.   

New medical will be required if the 6 months expires before they can issue the visa and your wife clears POE.   I do not believe she completes the SPUTUM a 2nd time (don't bump into this issue very often to have good answers for you).   Also with the 2nd medical it will only have a validity of 90 days.

I would suggest to contact the embassy regarding this (email may be your best option, calling only gets you to a call center)

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.php#immigrant

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Medical from SLEC is valid for 6 months in regards to the visa.  You are going to run into this expiration date very soon because of a 221g ?   What date did your wife start the medical?

I know of only a few that have reached the end of the 6 months.  Most have this issue because of a positive SPUTUM culture and having to take the medication, then of course a new medical is required.  There was one person a few years back that got close and the embassy asked her if she could clear POE before the "expiration date" (there was only something like 5 or 6 days), she said she could and they issued the visa, she managed to get her CFO sticker and clear POE.   

New medical will be required if the 6 months expires before they can issue the visa and your wife clears POE.   I do not believe she completes the SPUTUM a 2nd time (don't bump into this issue very often to have good answers for you).   Also with the 2nd medical it will only have a validity of 90 days.

I would suggest to contact the embassy regarding this (email may be your best option, calling only gets you to a call center)

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.php#immigrant

I Just asked my wife the medical was May 15,2019. Thats only 5 months. This is the note the Doctor gave us. Is it a mistake.Unbelievable.I called the numbers they are closed.I will get to the bottom of this. Hank you are amazing. This makes a world of difference. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

IMG_0347.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, ventorph said:

I Just asked my wife the medical was May 15,2019. Thats only 5 months. This is the note the Doctor gave us. Is it a mistake.Unbelievable.I called the numbers they are closed.I will get to the bottom of this. Hank you are amazing. This makes a world of difference. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

Yup, I would say the doctor is off by a month in his count as 6 months would be November.     I wouldn't stress over the :oops:by the doctor in his "count" ... 

Here is a link to info for the immigrant visa process.   Under the required documents tab is a link to the embassy checklist, make sure to complete all 5 steps (STEP 5 is the documents requirements checklist)

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

When is your interview scheduled?   If you have everything ready and there is an earlier interview opening you can reschedule to that earlier date .. info under the Interview Schedule tab

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, ventorph said:

Hello ventorph,can i ask you question?did your wife undergo sputum and culture again when her medical expired?im hoping for your response.Thank you

On 9/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, ventorph said:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.