Timona

DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A NEW VISA?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

A parent has a valid American B1/B2 visa. They wish to take their child for medical treatment in the US, a procedure that isn't available in the home country. They already know the cost and have money to cover it fully. Does the parent need a Medical visa?

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is not a medical visa, the B is used. Does the child have a B?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

There is not a medical visa, the B is used. Does the child have a B?

The infant is a citizen, I'm told. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

Sounds like it may be complicated.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like it may be complicated.

Any elaboration?

I'm also learning something new here.

Timeline

Without knowing the details of the case and obviously you do not either impossible to say, you just mentioned enough to go hmmm.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Without knowing the details of the case and obviously you do not either impossible to say, you just mentioned enough to go hmmm.

Understood. I was just trying to help. All I was told was that the kid needs a procedure that's unavailable in home country. They already have a doctor's note on both ends- the referral note and appointment note. The procedure has to do with cranial technology. This is ALL I was told. 

I was asked this question but couldn't provide an accurate answer. So I decided to share on VJ.

Edited by Timona

Timeline
1 minute ago, Timona said:

Understood. I was just trying to help. All I was told was that the kid needs a procedure that's unavailable in home country. They already have a doctor's note on both ends- the referral note and appointment note. The procedure has to do with cranial technology. 

I was asked this question but couldn't provide an accurate answer. So I decided to share on VJ.

Certainly an interesting question but how could anybody answer it without knowing the details?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Certainly an interesting question but how could anybody answer it without knowing the details?

Mmm I thought the information given was sufficient. Anyway, that's all I could gather. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Timona said:

A parent has a valid American B1/B2 visa. They wish to take their child for medical treatment in the US, a procedure that isn't available in the home country. They already know the cost and have money to cover it fully. Does the parent need a Medical visa?

The answer is no, they do not.  They need a B visa, which they have.

Hopefully the little one has a US passport.  If not, this is also needed.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.