Jump to content
jademcculloch

IR1 takes longer?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Guys, I've been wondering since I've reached the one year mark waiting for my NOA2, I have been married since 2016 and even though nebraska is very slow right now,  I have seen some people getting approved before the one year mark , I have never overstayed a visa, never entered the country illegally, there are no previous marriages, our age gap is 1.5 years, which is nothing, so I am wondering, does the IR1 take longer? What have you people observed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no difference in the processing of  IR1 takes compared to a CR1.  The case inquiry date is 5/31/18 so you should be done soon.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

Guys, I've been wondering since I've reached the one year mark waiting for my NOA2, I have been married since 2016 and even though nebraska is very slow right now,  I have seen some people getting approved before the one year mark , I have never overstayed a visa, never entered the country illegally, there are no previous marriages, our age gap is 1.5 years, which is nothing, so I am wondering, does the IR1 take longer? What have you people observed?

IR-1 does not take any longer than a CR-1. IR-1 are those couples who have been married for 2 or more years and CR-1 are those couples married less than 2 years. Nebraska has always been slow, but have you called the service center to check on the petition? Wish you the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

IR-1 does not take any longer than a CR-1. IR-1 are those couples who have been married for 2 or more years and CR-1 are those couples married less than 2 years. Nebraska has always been slow, but have you called the service center to check on the petition? Wish you the best of luck.

yes, my husband called last week, and they said they are mostly approving june cases, but I am in many forums and what we see is that they are mostly approving august cases, I am aware of the difference between cr1 and ir1, it's just that after so long waiting we start to wonder so I thought I would check here, thanks for your answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jademcculloch said:

yes, my husband called last week, and they said they are mostly approving june cases, but I am in many forums and what we see is that they are mostly approving august cases, I am aware of the difference between cr1 and ir1, it's just that after so long waiting we start to wonder so I thought I would check here, thanks for your answer

Hopefully soon you guys will get approved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...