Leah5

help with I130 file paperwork

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

I’m new on this site!  I have a question? I will be getting married in Ghana in October ,  I am a US citizen. Can mail my  paperwork from Ghana to the United States USCIS  I wanted to send the paperwork off soon as we get  married or should I wait until I get back to United States to send them off.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

To my knowledge, yes. Can send from anywhere BUT international shipping can be slow. How long will you be staying in Ghana? If only for a few weeks I'd wait until I arrive in US then send it, that'll take roughly 5 days to arrive vs potential weeks internationally. 

You don't want to beat the petition back to the States. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is a lot to know when marrying in  an African country 

1.  hope this is not our 1st visit as that is a poor plan

2.  hope you plan to make several trips before the interview to help get approval

3.  not a bad idea to take the application with you in case you need to get answers from him

4.  you plan to marry in 2019 , so get a POA from him to allow you to do the W7 form for him and add him to your 2019 tax returns

5.  Bless you both

forgot   Read the portal for Ghana by clicking on the portal guide above

and follow the embassy reviews 

also do a timeline when you do send in the application as it helps VJ members follow your progress and answer relevant questions and you will have many

also follow the guides above to save any hastles later on

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
36 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

2.  hope you plan to make several trips before the interview to help get approval

3.  not a bad idea to take the application with you in case you need to get answers from him

4.  you plan to marry in 2019 , so get a POA from him to allow you to do the W7 form for him and add him to your 2019 tax returns

5.  Bless you both

also do a timeline when you do send in the application as it helps VJ members follow your progress and answer relevant questions and you will have many

This will be my second time going so I will be getting married this time Around 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Leah5 said:

This will be my second time going so I will be getting married this time Around 

40 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

5.  Bless you both

54 minutes ago, JC&BS said:

To my knowledge, yes. Can send from anywhere BUT international shipping can be slow. How long will you be staying in Ghana? If only for a few weeks I'd wait until I arrive in US then send it, that'll take roughly 5 days to arrive vs potential weeks internationally. 

You don't want to beat the petition back to the States. 

I was trying to have it done because I keep hearing about a policy change October 15th I’m not sure if it’s true or not. I’m totally worried about them changing the income level to 62,000 a year.  Did anyone else hear about this change that Donald Trump is trying to make 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

5.  Bless you both

What is a POA

Edited by Leah5

1 hour ago, Leah5 said:

What is a POA

Power of Attorney 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Leah5 said:

I’m new on this site!  I have a question? I will be getting married in Ghana in October ,  I am a US citizen. Can mail my  paperwork from Ghana to the United States USCIS  I wanted to send the paperwork off soon as we get  married or should I wait until I get back to United States to send them off.

Wait until you get back, so you have evidence of how long you were together in person on this, your second visit.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Leah5 said:

I was trying to have it done because I keep hearing about a policy change October 15th I’m not sure if it’s true or not. I’m totally worried about them changing the income level to 62,000 a year.  Did anyone else hear about this change that Donald Trump is trying to make 

Yes I heard that change, and also heard that some of states sued for that policy change. 

Timeline
On 8/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, pushbrk said:

Wait until you get back, so you have evidence of how long you were together in person on this, your second visit.

Just about 2 weeks 

48 minutes ago, Chiefay said:

Yes I heard that change, and also heard that some of states sued for that policy change. 

Super worried about that 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Leah5 said:

Just about 2 weeks 

I didn't ask how long.  I said wait until you get back SO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE of how long you were there.  Your passport stamps are the primary evidence of time spent together in person.  If you file from Ghana, you will not have the return stamp.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I didn't ask how long.  I said wait until you get back SO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE of how long you were there.  Your passport stamps are the primary evidence of time spent together in person.  If you file from Ghana, you will not have the return stamp.

This is so true I didn’t think about it like that I’m just so worried about the Policy change and not making the cut

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.