5 posts in this topic

REPORT OF MARRIAGE:

Hi! My husband and I are planning to report our marriage to the Philippine Consulate in San Fransisco. The instruction says to have five (5) duly-accomplished Report of Marriage form signed and notarized. Does thind as mean we have to notarize ALL 5 copies each? Cause here in Santa Clara, we have to pay like 150$ for notarizing 5 documents and that's a lot of money.  Also, if we would go and process it in the consulate, do we still need to have it notarized?

Anyone has an idea if there's an outreach program soon in California where I can process it? Apparently, I cannot drive yet and my husband works on weekdays. The consulate is closed on weekends so we really don't have the time to drive up to San Fransisco on weekdays to process this. Can someone share some experiences on how you processed the Report of Marriage in San Fransisco?

BIRTH CERTIFICATE:

I have a problem with my original NSO birth certificate. It turns out that the USCIS sent us an RFE and wants a copy of my birth certificate. We did send them the photocopy of my original passport, but it seems like the problem is that my original NSO birth certificate copy is too blurry. Would the philippine consulate be able to fix that for us? Would I be able to get a new copy of my birth certificate here in California? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As to notary costs:

California notaries just got a pay raise!  Assembly Bill 2217 amends Government Code sections 8211 and 8223 to give notaries in California a 50% pay raise.  Considering that it costs upwards of $400 to become a notary in California, this is welcome news.  For the most common services, the maximum allowable charge went from $10 to $15.  For the services relating to a deposition the total went from $20 to $30 and the individual services from $5 to $7.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrs Thor said:

REPORT OF MARRIAGE:

Hi! My husband and I are planning to report our marriage to the Philippine Consulate in San Fransisco. The instruction says to have five (5) duly-accomplished Report of Marriage form signed and notarized. Does thind as mean we have to notarize ALL 5 copies each? Cause here in Santa Clara, we have to pay like 150$ for notarizing 5 documents and that's a lot of money.  Also, if we would go and process it in the consulate, do we still need to have it notarized?

Anyone has an idea if there's an outreach program soon in California where I can process it? Apparently, I cannot drive yet and my husband works on weekdays. The consulate is closed on weekends so we really don't have the time to drive up to San Fransisco on weekdays to process this. Can someone share some experiences on how you processed the Report of Marriage in San Fransisco?

BIRTH CERTIFICATE:

I have a problem with my original NSO birth certificate. It turns out that the USCIS sent us an RFE and wants a copy of my birth certificate. We did send them the photocopy of my original passport, but it seems like the problem is that my original NSO birth certificate copy is too blurry. Would the philippine consulate be able to fix that for us? Would I be able to get a new copy of my birth certificate here in California? 

Yes.  we got one (1) notarized and made 4 copies.  It was returned to us with a letter that all 5 must be motorized.  We are in Arizona where things are not as insane as in Cal, so we took the ROM back to our bank, and the clerk notarized all 5 pieces, and entered them in the book while we waited.  Total fee for notarizing:  $0.00   If you have bank accounts, check the bank first.  At most it could be like 5 to 7 bucks I would guess for you.

12 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

Yes.  we got one (1) notarized and made 4 copies.  It was returned to us with a letter that all 5 must be motorized.  We are in Arizona where things are not as insane as in Cal, so we took the ROM back to our bank, and the clerk notarized all 5 pieces, and entered them in the book while we waited.  Total fee for notarizing:  $0.00   If you have bank accounts, check the bank first.  At most it could be like 5 to 7 bucks I would guess for you.

thank you for this! i will definitely check the bank. this is such a great help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.