ReyOfJakku

No NOA1 for AP -- should I be concerned?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

A few weeks back my husband (adjusting from K-1) received an NOA1 for his green card application, as well as an NOA1 for his EAD application. But we didn't receive an NOA1 for his Advance Parole application. All three were submitted at the same time, per usual. Is this unusual to receive no notice of AP? I thought it went hand in hand with EAD?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

A few weeks back my husband (adjusting from K-1) received an NOA1 for his green card application, as well as an NOA1 for his EAD application. But we didn't receive an NOA1 for his Advance Parole application. All three were submitted at the same time, per usual. Is this unusual to receive no notice of AP? I thought it went hand in hand with EAD?

We have 3 case numbers so yes it is unusual 

Are the two case numbers you have sequential? 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

We did get the case number via text message, along with the case numbers for the green card and EAD. So I went to the USCIS case tracker and put in the case number, and got this:

"On July 22, 2019, we received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by August 21, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

So we just called USCIS and asked about why we didn't get the paper NOA for the Advance Parole application. The guy on the phone was helpful, and put in a work order to issue us a new paper NOA.

Thanks for the input, @payxibka and @K1visaHopeful! Sounds like probably there was just some error in the delivery (or the issuing) of the NOA1 for the AP. And I'm guessing everything is going smoothly behind the scenes. Though the phrase "please follow the instructions in the notice" makes me wonder if we've missed something important. Does the NOA1 for Advance Parole contain some kind of time-sensitive instructions usually? (We've done the fingerprints already, so we're good on that front.)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ReyOfJakku said:

We did get the case number via text message, along with the case numbers for the green card and EAD. So I went to the USCIS case tracker and put in the case number, and got this:

"On July 22, 2019, we received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by August 21, 2019, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

So we just called USCIS and asked about why we didn't get the paper NOA for the Advance Parole application. The guy on the phone was helpful, and put in a work order to issue us a new paper NOA.

Thanks for the input, @payxibka and @K1visaHopeful! Sounds like probably there was just some error in the delivery (or the issuing) of the NOA1 for the AP. And I'm guessing everything is going smoothly behind the scenes. Though the phrase "please follow the instructions in the notice" makes me wonder if we've missed something important. Does the NOA1 for Advance Parole contain some kind of time-sensitive instructions usually? (We've done the fingerprints already, so we're good on that front.)

Nothing,  AP doesn't require biometrics 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

At some times during the AOS process, people's mailboxes are either stuffed with notices and receipts from USCIS, or nothing at all. One of the times when USCIS sends out a lot of notices is during the start of the AOS process. If you file for AOS/EAD/AP (I-485/I-765/I-131) concurrently, you should receive three (3) Form I-797C Notice of Action, Receipts (NOA1), for submission and associated payment for AOS/EAD/AP applications. Hopefully, in short order you should then receive two (2) Form I-797C Notice of Action, ASC Appointment (NOA) indicating when you are scheduled to "give" your biometrics to USCIS for the AOS and EAD applications. This form is easy to identify because about two-thirds down the page are bar codes for your AOS and EAD applications. As others have said, there are no biometrics necessary for AP, so no bar code, no ASC Appointment notice is necessary.

HTH,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.