31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

No you will be in AP until approved or denied. 

I know it sucks but you will have to try and be a bit more patient. 

13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Thank you i will try to complete my profile. i have i might not get accurate information that i need due to the different country and embassy but i believe with different contribution here i will be able to put two together. thank you all for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
20 hours ago, Eddybabe2019 said:

Thank you I will try to be patient . The  wait is really killing me 

Hi.  Things seems to be getting more challenging for Nigerians.  If you responded with all they requested, at some point, you will be updated.  My now husband is Nigerian, so I feel your pain.  It will be okay.  Keep yourself busy & hopefully soon you will get good news.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PandT said:

Hi.  Things seems to be getting more challenging for Nigerians.  If you responded with all they requested, at some point, you will be updated.  My now husband is Nigerian, so I feel your pain.  It will be okay.  Keep yourself busy & hopefully soon you will get good news.

Yes, it's difficult waiting.  I am sorry.  Things will work out.  Hugs...

Timeline
7 hours ago, PandT said:

Amen and Thank you so much for your encouragement.  I have a 17 years old daughter who is not going with me now but later after she finish school by next year God's grace.  Most of the additional documents requested for was because of her which I thought will be presented when applying for her going.  I know I did mention she will join me later when filing ds 160 form.  Though I have submitted what they requested. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, PandT said:

Yes, it's difficult waiting.  I am sorry.  Things will work out.  Hugs...

Yes it has not been easy for my fiance and I.  I believe everything will be great soon

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eddybabe2019 said:

Amen and Thank you so much for your encouragement.  I have a 17 years old daughter who is not going with me now but later after she finish school by next year God's grace.  Most of the additional documents requested for was because of her which I thought will be presented when applying for her going.  I know I did mention she will join me later when filing ds 160 form.  Though I have submitted what they requested. 

I am surprised you were asked to submit documents for your daughter so soon.  I think you will be asked again when you are ready for her.  It's a confusing & frustrating journey.  It will be worth it at the end, so hang in there & pray a lot.  Although we are finished with the K1 part, we are now waiting for his working permit.  It's difficult for an African man who is used to working hard to be sitting at home😥.  I really feel your frustration.  Please take one day at a time & provide them with whatever is asked.  Blessings & best wishes to you.

Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, Eddybabe2019 said:

I had my k1 visa interview on the 5th of July and I was given a white paper to submit additional documents which I submitted on the 24th of July and since then I have not heard anything from the embassy not even receipt notice.  Case status keep updating date but on AP.  What do I do please 

I think we had our interview same day, i was given same 221g form then. I also have a daughter, i will employ you to pray very well bcos i was asked to bring 3things for my daughter but i could only get 2 but God really showed me mercy our visa were granted after 31working days. Pls go on your kneelz Fast and Pray, keep things to yourself untill you have your testimony. Dont loose hope, everything will be fine soon.

Edited by Yeap

Timeline
10 hours ago, Yeap said:

I think we had our interview same day, i was given same 221g form then. I also have a daughter, i will employ you to pray very well bcos i was asked to bring 3things for my daughter but i could only get 2 but God really showed me mercy our visa were granted after 31working days. Pls go on your kneelz Fast and Pray, keep things to yourself untill you have your testimony. Dont loose hope, everything will be fine soon.

thank you for sharing more light.  I am praying and I will keep praying hard for God's mercy and intervention for me too soon.  

I don't know if this is happening because she is not going with me now.  I will keep asking God for mercy hopefully soon I will share my testimony  here 

Timeline
11 hours ago, PandT said:

I am surprised you were asked to submit documents for your daughter so soon.  I think you will be asked again when you are ready for her.  It's a confusing & frustrating journey.  It will be worth it at the end, so hang in there & pray a lot.  Although we are finished with the K1 part, we are now waiting for his working permit.  It's difficult for an African man who is used to working hard to be sitting at home😥.  I really feel your frustration.  Please take one day at a time & provide them with whatever is asked.  Blessings & best wishes to you.

Thank you for your time.  I am happy for you and really looking forward to get to your stage soon.  I believe soon your husband will start working.... I am happy for you 

Timeline
11 hours ago, PandT said:

10 hours ago, Yeap said:

My passport was given back to me and the frustrating part is that I don't know if they have my documents since it has been updating date in AP even before I submitted. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Eddybabe2019 said:

My passport was given back to me and the frustrating part is that I don't know if they have my documents since it has been updating date in AP even before I submitted. 

I am sorry to hear they didn't keep your passport.  My husband went through Senegal embassy & not in Nigeria.  Senegal & Nigerian embassies are difficult.  Go to the Nigerian forum to see if you can get some good information from those who have gone through this experience.  Please keep me updated on how things are going for you.  Can you tell me the things that were requested from you?

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, Eddybabe2019 said:

To be eligible, the K2 visa applicant must under 21 years old and not legally married, however, they may be either biologically-related or adopted. If there is another parent still living in the home country, all custody laws of the country must be consented to in regard to the child’s move to the United States, and a written consent form by the other parent may be required. Most concerning is the necessary "consent" from the other "parent". I would highly recommend you research to know what your rights are as their maybe some documents and signatures you must gather for your daughter's exit. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, PandT said:

I am sorry to hear they didn't keep your passport.  My husband went through Senegal embassy & not in Nigeria.  Senegal & Nigerian embassies are difficult.  Go to the Nigerian forum to see if you can get some good information from those who have gone through this experience.  Please keep me updated on how things are going for you.  Can you tell me the things that were requested from you?

Thank you for your concern. i was asked to submit pictures of her and me when growing up and also primary and secondary school registration form. i have submitted all that already. hoping and waiting for the response....just my concern is that i don't know if they have received because i have not heard from them since i submitted it.

Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 12:07 AM, Greenbaum said:

To be eligible, the K2 visa applicant must under 21 years old and not legally married, however, they may be either biologically-related or adopted. If there is another parent still living in the home country, all custody laws of the country must be consented to in regard to the child’s move to the United States, and a written consent form by the other parent may be required. Most concerning is the necessary "consent" from the other "parent". I would highly recommend you research to know what your rights are as their maybe some documents and signatures you must gather for your daughter's exit. Just saying.

Thank you. i have submitted the requested documents. but will do more research for when i will be ready for her coming.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Eddybabe2019 said:

Thank you for your concern. i was asked to submit pictures of her and me when growing up and also primary and secondary school registration form. i have submitted all that already. hoping and waiting for the response....just my concern is that i don't know if they have received because i have not heard from them since i submitted it.

I am so sorry you are going through this.  They should inform you of acceptance of what you submitted to them.  When you go to your status check, does anything show up?  Maybe if you continue emailing the embassy, they will respond.  No guarantee, of course.  So sorry 😥.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.