me1796

Expedited F4 Visa Case

7 posts in this topic

Our case for expedited by NVC because of my sister's age. I want to ask, how long does it take after the case has been sent to the embassy to schedule an appointment?

It's an F4 visa case. My aunt filed for us. She sponsored my dad. Our case was expedited because my sister is going to turn 21 in less than 120 days. We got an email from NVC saying that our case has been expedited because my sister is going to turn 21 soon and if she turns 21 she might not be eligible to immigrate and so they have sent our case to the local embassy. They emailed the same to my other aunt (principal applicant) whose son is going to turn 21 before my sister. I was wondering how long does it take for them to schedule the interview once the case has been sent to the local embassy?

I’m kinda puzzled by this, i’ve never heard of expedite for age. If priority date is current then as long as ds260 is filled within a year the derivative has CSPA protection, and in fact, if only just actually turning 21 in actual years then likely is still under CSPA age of 21 for a while yet. I can’t figure out what part is actually being expedited?

3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m kinda puzzled by this, i’ve never heard of expedite for age. If priority date is current then as long as ds260 is filled within a year the derivative has CSPA protection, and in fact, if only just actually turning 21 in actual years then likely is still under CSPA age of 21 for a while yet. I can’t figure out what part is actually being expedited?

We have submitted all the documents and everything has been approved. We just need to give our interview. Which is why I wanted to know how long it takes once the case has been sent to the embassy.  Our pd became current in May, i think. It's april 2004

3 hours ago, apple21 said:

Is your priority date current already?

It's way past that. Our pd is April 2004. Right now it's some month 2006. 

8 hours ago, me1796 said:

Our case for expedited by NVC because of my sister's age. I want to ask, how long does it take after the case has been sent to the embassy to schedule an appointment?

It's an F4 visa case. My aunt filed for us. She sponsored my dad. Our case was expedited because my sister is going to turn 21 in less than 120 days. We got an email from NVC saying that our case has been expedited because my sister is going to turn 21 soon and if she turns 21 she might not be eligible to immigrate and so they have sent our case to the local embassy. They emailed the same to my other aunt (principal applicant) whose son is going to turn 21 before my sister. I was wondering how long does it take for them to schedule the interview once the case has been sent to the local embassy?

My case was expedited for age reasons also and sent to the embassy overseas. An appointment was scheduled the next week. I think it took all together 10 days. But it depends on the embassy. I did not know you could expedite for f4 visas. Ours is a f2b and age is required to be under 21 to be classified as child. I though f4 visas did not have age requirements at all

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
16 hours ago, hxa1122 said:

My case was expedited for age reasons also and sent to the embassy overseas. An appointment was scheduled the next week. I think it took all together 10 days. But it depends on the embassy. I did not know you could expedite for f4 visas. Ours is a f2b and age is required to be under 21 to be classified as child. I though f4 visas did not have age requirements at all

it has for the beneficiary of principal applicant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.