khans1025

No Green Card yet after almost 3 months of entry

5 posts in this topic

Hey there, 

My husband entered the US in mid-June and we still have not received a physical green card in the mail. I've contacted USCIS online and looks like they made a request to resend the green card, but the request has not been processed yet (and I made the request about two weeks ago). 

Anything else we can do to get a status on the green card? Is calling the number or making an infopass appointment, worth it?  I have no information on the status of it and our case status online hasn't changed since we paid the GC fee back in June and he entered the US...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, khans1025 said:

Hey there, 

My husband entered the US in mid-June and we still have not received a physical green card in the mail. I've contacted USCIS online and looks like they made a request to resend the green card, but the request has not been processed yet (and I made the request about two weeks ago). 

Anything else we can do to get a status on the green card? Is calling the number or making an infopass appointment, worth it?  I have no information on the status of it and our case status online hasn't changed since we paid the GC fee back in June and he entered the US...

Once you pay the greencard fee online, you are given another receipt number, you should use that to track your greencard. If you are using your old i130 or nvc case number to check status, you will never have any update with that. In my case I had my visa approved on march 25th, visa in hand April 8, paid fees April 23rd, case was showing "fees received" once I came to the States status changed to "request submitted for review to issue gc" about 4-5 weeks later changed to "request to issue gc approved" after about 3 days status said card printed and later mailed. In all I got my card in 6 weeks. In case you never tracked your card with the new receipt number, check your email and look for the confirmation they sent to you once you paid for his gc the receipt number is in it, in my case it started with an IOE... btw if he entered in mid june I think he is still within the 120 days window requested to wait for the card to be printed.

Edited by mniceguy16

6 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Once you pay the greencard fee online, you are given another receipt number, you should use that to track your greencard. If you are using your old i130 or nvc case number to check status, you will never have any update with that. In my case I had my visa approved on march 25th, visa in hand April 8, paid fees April 23rd, case was showing "fees received" once I came to the States status changed to "request submitted for review to issue gc" about 4-5 weeks later changed to "request to issue gc approved" after about 3 days status said card printed and later mailed. In all I got my card in 6 weeks. In case you never tracked your card with the new receipt number, check your email and look for the confirmation they sent to you once you paid for his gc the receipt number is in it, in my case it started with an IOE... btw if he entered in mid june I think he is still within the 120 days window requested to wait for the card to be printed.

Thanks for your informative reply.

My wife entered 5 weeks ago. We are also waiting for the green card.

Do you know how much time the social security card take? Or, should we just visit to the social security office, and request a card?

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, suhridkhan said:

Thanks for your informative reply.

My wife entered 5 weeks ago. We are also waiting for the green card.

Do you know how much time the social security card take? Or, should we just visit to the social security office, and request a card?

Yes!!! Go right away with just her passport. I went few days after arrival and my ssn was in mail 2 days later. She may want to have her birth certificate with her too just in case, but they never looked at mine. Just the passport with visa and stamp on it is ok. She will fill in the form and wait in the queue. Also if she is interested in having her driver's licence, just her passport and driver's licence from her country of origin is fine (worked in my case) at dmv she will take the knowledge test once she passes she will have to schedule a road test. Got everything on my side done in 8 weeks of being here they even gave me a validity of 7 years on my licence (2026) despite my gc being "conditional".

Edited by mniceguy16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.