Brazil/US2018

K1 VISA AOS TAX FORM HELP!!!!! AFFIDAVIT PART

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

Can someone tell me what I actually need for the tax form here? I though all I needed were my transcripts which I got from IRS. But the USCIS site states:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income.

If I were to print my federal income tax return, that like 100+ pages!!! Is that correct? Or can I just send my transcripts, and W2s?? 

Can anyone answer this for me?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hello,

Can someone tell me what I actually need for the tax form here? I though all I needed were my transcripts which I got from IRS. But the USCIS site states:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income.

If I were to print my federal income tax return, that like 100+ pages!!! Is that correct? Or can I just send my transcripts, and W2s?? 

Can anyone answer this for me?

Don't follow USCIS instructions (they are not reviewing it),  follow what the consulate wants

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

What does the consulate want?

Never mind,  tax transcripts is what is needed for the i864 plus current paystubs

See instruction on page 8 under item 23 a _ 25.  Its say EITHER

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am a little confused as to where you are getting your information for Form I-864. Here is a the pertinent section from the Form I-864 instructions.

Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable.

Do not submit copies of your state income tax returns. Do not submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreign government unless you claim that you were not required to file a Federal individual income tax return with the United States Government and you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establish the amount of your income that is not subject to tax in the United States.

If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.

If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return.

As stated previously, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you choose to rely on income from the three most recent tax years, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return. If you were required to file a Federal income tax return for that tax year but did not do so, you must file all late returns with the IRS and attach an IRS transcript or copy of your late return and submit it with Form I-864. If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax
law because your income was too low, attach a typed or printed explanation. If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach a typed or printed explanation including evidence of the exemption and how you are subject to it. Residence outside of the United States does not exempt U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents from filing a U.S. Federal income tax return. See 
Filing Requirements in the IRS Form 1040 Filing Instructions to determine whether you were required to file.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf , pages 8, 9.

Most folks, including us, only included 3 years of the IRS-supplied tax return transcripts with submission of I-864, with our successful AOS submission to the appropriate USCIS lockbox location..

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

From the I864 instructions:

"Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable.

Do not submit copies of your state income tax returns. Do not submit any tax returns that you filed with any foreign government unless you claim that you were not required to file a Federal individual income tax return with the United States Government and you wish to rely on the foreign return solely to establish the amount of your income that is not

subject to tax in the United States.

If (BIG "IF) you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return

with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.

If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains),

Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return

As stated previously, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return for the

most recent tax year. If you choose to rely on income from the three most recent tax years, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return. If you were required to file a Federal income tax return for that tax year but did not do so, you must file all late returns with the IRS and attach an IRS transcript or copy of your late return and submit it with Form I-864. If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax

law because your income was too low, attach a typed or printed explanation. If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach a typed or printed explanation including evidence of the exemption and how you are subject to it. Residence outside of the United States does not exempt U.S. citizens or lawful

permanent residents from filing a U.S. Federal income tax return. See Filing Requirements in the IRS Form 1040 Filing Instructions to determine whether you were required to file.

For purposes of this affidavit, the line for Total Income on IRS Forms 1040 and 1040A will be considered when determining income. For persons filing IRS Form 1040 EZ, the line for adjusted gross income will be considered."

So IF you submitted the Return Transcript, you will only need to submit that UNLESS you filed your taxes as married filing joint. In that case, the earnings statement(s) are required too.

If you used predicted 2019 employment income to satisfy Part 6, Qu 7, you will need to provide further financial documents however the Return Transcript for 2018 (and earnings statements too if filed MFJ) will satisfy Part 6, Qu 24.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow...ok, so let me see if I understood this correct...

If I make say 60,000 a year, and I have my IRS transcripts from the past 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018)...that is all I need?? 

I hope I have the correct transcripts form, all i did was log on to my irs account, and print it off...does that sound right for everyone?

Timeline
Just now, Brazil/US2018 said:

If I make say 60,000 a year, and I have my IRS transcripts from the past 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018)...that is all I need?? 

I hope I have the correct transcripts form, all i did was log on to my irs account, and print it off...does that sound right for everyone?

Yes

YMMV

1 hour ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

You dont even need 2018, 2017 and 2016. The instructions I posted above from the I864 also state only the most recent year is required. Three years is optional.

If you look at the I864 form, it states that too.

Screenshot_20190814-120726_OneDrive.jpg

"Item Numbers 23.a. - 25. Federal Income Tax Return Information. You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years."

AND

"As stated previously, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you choose to rely on income from the three most recent tax years, you must submit an IRS transcript or copy of your Federal individual income tax return."

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.