DonnieOlena

Upcoming kiev interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So finally got email from kiev embassy. Email included copy of I129f. Someone along the way had written a note on the 129f about te progression.

It appears to be same ink that was signature of person from Cali Service center. Its funny you go all your life and finally when you meet the right person you know it is just right regardless of time frame. 

I am 51 and she is 48. Both divorced over 10 years, raised our kids and just want to enjoy life.

So i will have to get her ready for the barrage of questions about that on fridays interview. Shes a journalist so i see it being fine. Its just the point of it all. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

So finally got email from kiev embassy. Email included copy of I129f. Someone along the way had written a note on the 129f about te progression.

It appears to be same ink that was signature of person from Cali Service center. Its funny you go all your life and finally when you meet the right person you know it is just right regardless of time frame. 

I am 51 and she is 48. Both divorced over 10 years, raised our kids and just want to enjoy life.

So i will have to get her ready for the barrage of questions about that on fridays interview. Shes a journalist so i see it being fine. Its just the point of it all. 

I totally understand your feelings.  We're a step or two ahead of you.  Both have raised our kids.  I'm 56 and waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the I129f approval was killing me.  We're not getting any younger and a lot of it seemed like wasted time to me.  It still does.  I can't get those months back.

It's so nice now having her here.  We're starting the AoS/Green Card process and there's more waiting coming but at least she's here and we're enjoying being together now.

I think you/she will find the interview is a snap.  For your lady there will likely be a countable number of questions and, in all likelihood, she'll be out of there in an hour with her approval letter in hand.  Hang in there... better days are coming.  🙂 

Timeline

Yea i know it will be fine. Its just the point at the age we are being judged isn't what we want from life. Shes of course is sharp with interviews being what she does all day everyday. So Friday will be the day to wait for

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, DonnieOlena said:

Yea i know it will be fine. Its just the point at the age we are being judged isn't what we want from life. Shes of course is sharp with interviews being what she does all day everyday. So Friday will be the day to wait for

You will not be judged. Interview in Kyiv for the most part is a formality. They are not hostile, and generally quite professional. Which is more than what can be said about some MENA Embassies. 

Timeline

Yes i am glad it is kiev. She is actually at the medical right now. And then friday the interview. Then hopefully soon after one her way. She wants to make sure a co worker that help with her vacations can take hers before she leaves but soon very soon

Timeline

We are having trouble scheduling via the website with a "No Appointments Available", and have not received an email from the Embassy at all.  May I ask, was the email based on the scheduling of the interview?  Just worried we may be missing something, and started to panic while we wait for support to fix the scheduling issue.  We are still unclear whether it is a computer glitch, or potential issue with our profile.  If anyone has any ideas, that would be great if they could share!

Timeline

Didnt receive email from embassy until yesterday. As soon as the ds160 was done and CEAC showed ready we scheduled. When we scheduled it showed the 16th, 3 days the next week and 2 days in the last week of august

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, DonnieOlena said:

Yes i am glad it is kiev. She is actually at the medical right now. And then friday the interview. Then hopefully soon after one her way. She wants to make sure a co worker that help with her vacations can take hers before she leaves but soon very soon

Be sure to keep us posted!  🙂 

1 hour ago, Mike & Oksi said:

We are having trouble scheduling via the website with a "No Appointments Available", and have not received an email from the Embassy at all.  May I ask, was the email based on the scheduling of the interview?  Just worried we may be missing something, and started to panic while we wait for support to fix the scheduling issue.  We are still unclear whether it is a computer glitch, or potential issue with our profile.  If anyone has any ideas, that would be great if they could share!

The email from the embassy will come eventually but you don't have to wait on it.  It just provides some links to things you can already find on your own.

Timeline

Passed medical and ready for friday interview. 

She said that the xray broke and that many there could not complete x-ray. Sounds like they need a new x-ray machine. I am glad she got hers early. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DonnieOlena said:

Passed medical and ready for friday interview. 

She said that the xray broke and that many there could not complete x-ray. Sounds like they need a new x-ray machine. I am glad she got hers early. 

Was that a medicom office or MUM?
Make sure her DS-3025 form is marked as complete (K-1 petitioner voluntarily completed vaccination requirements) 

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
21 hours ago, Shiran said:

Was that a medicom office or MUM?
Make sure her DS-3025 form is marked as complete (K-1 petitioner voluntarily completed vaccination requirements) 

Might not be possible due to MMR being still not available in Ukraine for (older) adults who have no immunity/no sickness record. Also my poor kid had to receive 5 shots just upon arrival because the transcript from Medicom wasn't good enough for local use. By the way, his form was marked as complete

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Might not be possible due to MMR being still not available in Ukraine for (older) adults who have no immunity/no sickness record. Also my poor kid had to receive 5 shots just upon arrival because the transcript from Medicom wasn't good enough for local use. By the way, his form was marked as complete

I heard about, that there is a shortage of measles vaccine and people apparently smuggle it in from Belgium(???) and France. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.