rkn777

70 year old parents to visit

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I am USC, wife has 2-year green card. Her daughter is 10 and lives with us and has 2--year marriage based green card as well. We want her mom and dad to visit from China for 3 months.

I really have no idea what the tourist visa process is, my wife seems to think if he is 70 + he will not get approved (I think that can't possibly be true). I have been to China several times, I speak Chinese, and we have a great son-in-law/parent relationship.

I am happy to provide an affidavit of support or something and buy temporary insurance or whatever they need. It would be great to have them, we own a home with plenty of space for them. I am self-employed as a licensed professional. 

Her father is retired - mother was always a homemaker. They own a small condo in China, he has his retirement.  I have plenty of money to support them during their stay.

What do I need to do to get this going so they can come hang out here during the cold Chinese winter, since we live where its warm and sunny!

Edited by rkn777

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your in-laws can apply for visitor visas through this link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-typeb1b2.asp

The misconception is that you or the reason for coming to the US is important; it's not.  The US wants to make sure that the visitors have reasons to go home.  What's important are their "strong ties" to China that would allow them to overcome the legal presumption that all visitors intend to illegally immigrate to the US.  

You are not part of the process.  No affidavit of support.  Your money.  Your status.  Your relationship with the visa applicant.  Your ability to provide for them.  All irrelevant.  You being able to support them does not help them overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.  You being able to support them is a tie to the US, not China.  

Being older does make it easier to get a visitor visa.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No affidavit of support needed. Applicants fill out the ds160, pay the fee, schedule an interview, attend the interview. That's it. Check out my signature link below for my parents' successful B2 visa application. You might find something helpful there. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/10/2019 at 11:43 AM, apple21 said:

No affidavit of support needed. Applicants fill out the ds160, pay the fee, schedule an interview, attend the interview. That's it. Check out my signature link below for my parents' successful B2 visa application. You might find something helpful there. Best of luck!

I cannot see your signature link miss apple I want to read it because my parents is planning to get visit visa in USA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Smile_goongyi said:

I cannot see your signature link miss apple I want to read it because my parents is planning to get visit visa in USA

Use the desktop version of VJ. If you're using mobile version you won't see my signature. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.