jackson6658

Case status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Hope everyone is good with AOS.

I filed AOS on April 30,2019 and did biometrics on May 30,2019. My online case status changed to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" on July 3,2019. Now I just found the status changed to "Interview was scheduled" : On August 6, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. However, AP and EA status still shows  as "Case was recieved".

My question is:

1. Does that means I will be able to do interview soon? 

2. I have no joint bank or insurance account with my wife(petitioner), even no joint things, is it necessary for interview?

Thank you so much! 

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Packet 4 recieved Jan 11,2019

K1 Interview date: Feb 13,2019

K1 Visa received: Feb 21,2019

US Entry: April 7,2019

AOS Filed: April 30,2019

Bio Appt: May 30,2019

AOS interview date: Sep 10,2019(GREEN CARD APPROVED!!)

Based on the forum members timelines, your interview might happen in around 5-6 weeks after the status changes. You should receive the notice in about a week. 

You do need some financial commingling: shared credit cards, joint tax return, you as the beneficiary for life insurance or savings account in case of death. It is VERY important. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Based on the forum members timelines, your interview might happen in around 5-6 weeks after the status changes. You should receive the notice in about a week. 

You do need some financial commingling: shared credit cards, joint tax return, you as the beneficiary for life insurance or savings account in case of death. It is VERY important. 

This is very correct! Interview is scheduled 5 to 6 weeks after status change, I would strongly suggest that you take this time to atleast add her as an authorized user to some of your accounts, the quicker the better. You can also add her to water, electric, gas bills relatively easy!!!

It is important to show this, they will most likely ask for joint assets. Best of luck

Timeline
22 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Thank you so much for your quick response and the valuable answer!

13 hours ago, GyC said:

This is very correct! Interview is scheduled 5 to 6 weeks after status change, I would strongly suggest that you take this time to atleast add her as an authorized user to some of your accounts, the quicker the better. You can also add her to water, electric, gas bills relatively easy!!!

It is important to show this, they will most likely ask for joint assets. Best of luck

Thank you so much! I will do it ASAP.

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:56 PM, jackson6658 said:

Hi,

Hope everyone is good with AOS.

I filed AOS on April 30,2019 and did biometrics on May 30,2019. My online case status changed to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" on July 3,2019. Now I just found the status changed to "Interview was scheduled" : On August 6, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. However, AP and EA status still shows  as "Case was recieved".

My question is:

1. Does that means I will be able to do interview soon? 

2. I have no joint bank or insurance account with my wife(petitioner), even no joint things, is it necessary for interview?

Thank you so much! 

Hi!

I have very similar timelines to yours and my status changed yesterday for "Interview was scheduled". No EA and AP either. 

Can you tell me please how your interview went? Would appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

Timeline
8 hours ago, Karla1985 said:

Hi!

I have very similar timelines to yours and my status changed yesterday for "Interview was scheduled". No EA and AP either. 

Can you tell me please how your interview went? Would appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

Hi, My interview went smoothly and I got my case approved the same day. Yesterday I got my green card. You can get more details regarding my interview in my timeline. Good luck for your interview! 

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

1 hour ago, jackson6658 said:

Hi, My interview went smoothly and I got my case approved the same day. Yesterday I got my green card. You can get more details regarding my interview in my timeline. Good luck for your interview! 

Awesome! Congrats!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.