9 posts in this topic

I am writing to see if there is anyone who has been in the same situation as me.
The other day, I had my interview for my fiancé visa at the US Embassy in Tokyo.

Upon completion of the interview, I was issued the attached denial letter stating that I was missing two points pertaining to supporting evidence that my fiancé submitted under Section 221(g). 

My fiancé has a joint sponsor, and his joint sponsor submitted form I-864 instead of I-134.  In addition to this, due to the fact that my fiancé is currently living in Japan now, he needed to submit more substantial information pertaining to reestablishing domicile in the US (such as obtaining an official from the US employer stating employment upon arrival to the US, and official document stating where the sponsor will live in the US).  

I was wondering how long it will take to resume my visa processing, once I submit my joint sponsor’s I-134 and the evidence showing that my fiancé will reestablish domicile in the US? 

Upon completion of the interview, my passport was not returned to me.  
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

E7C0CFA7-7A75-40B1-A46B-A0A6873C8D0A.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, RRRBBB said:

I am writing to see if there is anyone who has been in the same situation as me.
The other day, I had my interview for my fiancé visa at the US Embassy in Tokyo.

Upon completion of the interview, I was issued the attached denial letter stating that I was missing two points pertaining to supporting evidence that my fiancé submitted under Section 221(g). 

My fiancé has a joint sponsor, and his joint sponsor submitted form I-864 instead of I-134.  In addition to this, due to the fact that my fiancé is currently living in Japan now, he needed to submit more substantial information pertaining to reestablishing domicile in the US (such as obtaining an official from the US employer stating employment upon arrival to the US, and official document stating where the sponsor will live in the US).  

I was wondering how long it will take to resume my visa processing, once I submit my joint sponsor’s I-134 and the evidence showing that my fiancé will reestablish domicile in the US? 

Upon completion of the interview, my passport was not returned to me.  
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

E7C0CFA7-7A75-40B1-A46B-A0A6873C8D0A.jpeg

Couple weeks to 30 days 

YMMV

34 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

The bar is pretty low on intent to domicile. How long has he lived outside the US and what did he/you tell the CO you plan to do?

Thank you for your feed back.

I told the interviewer that we will submit additional documents at a later date. 

He has been living in Japan for couple of years. 

We thought that his job offer letter from the US would be sufficient evidence, however he will also submit his one way return ticket to the United States along with a letter stating where he will be living upon arrival.

Edited by RRRBBB

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, RRRBBB said:

Thank you for your feed back.

I told the interviewer that we will submit additional documents at a later date. 

He has been living in Japan for couple of years. 

We thought that his job offer letter from the US would be sufficient evidence, however he will also submit his one way return ticket to the United States along with a letter stating where he will be living upon arrival.

More than we had.  That should be enough.  Safe trip!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RRRBBB said:

Oh...interesting. What documents did you submit during your interview process?

Well no job or plane ticket.  That’s serious commitment.

But:  drivers licenses, car registrations/insurance, credit cards, cell accounts, bank accounts, retirement accounts - and told em i was going home did the trick.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.