Jump to content

Living in a different and file in a different state

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon

hi fam,

i am new on this site. please i do have a question. if one is living in a different state, can he/she file their I-130 form using a different state address? for instance living in New York but uses a family address in Ohia to file.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think residence in another state will get the petition approved faster, you are mistaken. If you genuinely divide your time between two states (military, work, out-of-state student or similar situation) then use the address where your drivers Licence is registered. That’s your main residence. But if you have a secondary address you must list this too. 

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...