AlaMike

Guidance counseling and CFO

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Any idea how long the wait time is after scheduling for the Guidance Counseling online.  

Depends on the location and when appointments are available.   If an appointment is available for tomorrow,  she can go 

Manila is pretty busy.  Cebu was not bad.  Davao is busy, Clark not as bad 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was able to check the web site and found the slots were only full for most of next week. We will not attend until November. I just didn't want to go online only to find out the slots were full for the next 3 months. We will schedule in mid October just to be sure.

Thanks for the assistance

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Any idea how long the wait time is after scheduling for the Guidance Counseling online.  

Depends on location as to availability as there are 4 locations

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Laila Salinas said:

Can you attend even if your Visa interview isn't scheduled yet? We just received NOA2

Yes

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, Laila Salinas said:

Can you attend even if your Visa interview isn't scheduled yet? We just received NOA2

Yes spouse  of USC can attend CFO-GCP seminar before receiving the visa.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

You are IR/CR-1 and you did not complete CFO-GCP already?  So your passport is in your maiden name?    Did your husband file the petition in your maiden name as well?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

When we applied for my daughter's passport , the lady there encourage.me to apply for mine already using my married name. So my new passport is my married name already. I actually thought they're gonna require me my CFO before I can get a new passport as married. My husband was with me when we applied

Timeline
Just now, Laila Salinas said:

When we applied for my daughter's passport , the lady there encourage.me to apply for mine already using my married name. So my new passport is my married name already. I actually thought they're gonna require me my CFO before I can get a new passport as married. My husband was with me when we applied

You got your passport in your married name without attending CFO-GCP?  WoW!!  That is a first!  :lol:  

So you will need to attend CFO-GCP seminar, and you can attend anytime (before or after receiving the visa)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I know right? I was surprised! I asked the lady in unbelief and she said, " are you married here in ph?" I only need valid ID and marriage cert. And my husband was with me the whole process. Hahaha. After 2 weeks we got our new passport. We were so happy

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Laila Salinas said:

I know right? I was surprised! I asked the lady in unbelief and she said, " are you married here in ph?" I only need valid ID and marriage cert. And my husband was with me the whole process. Hahaha. After 2 weeks we got our new passport. We were so happy

That is so crazy.    Does our husband look Filipino?   :)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, 2018JNJ said:

My wife got her passport changed to my last name shortly after the ink was dry on the PSA certificate. 😄

jj

DFA didn't ask for  CFO certificate from your wife either?    I wonder if DFA changed the requirements?    

I was just on the DFA passport website, I didn't see mention of a CFO certificate anywhere, I did see the PSA marriage certificate listed, but nothing regarding CFO.     

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.