jessicashmessica

Montreal Embassy Wait Times

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think it is about 3 or 4 months now, then the interview will be a month or two out from when you receive the appointment.  Montreal has a US Consulate.  Embassies are in Capital cities, to Ottawa, for Canada.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

I think it is about 3 or 4 months now, then the interview will be a month or two out from when you receive the appointment.  Montreal has a US Consulate.  Embassies are in Capital cities, to Ottawa, for Canada.

So my papers were just accepted at the NVC level. Will I get an interview in 3-4 months?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jessicashmessica said:

So my papers were just accepted at the NVC level. Will I get an interview in 3-4 months?

No.  You'll wait 3 to 4 months to find out your interview date, AFTER your case is complete at NVC.  Hope for December, but maybe January or February.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
31 minutes ago, jessicashmessica said:

My case IS completed. (As of today! 🥳)

When roughly will my interview be set? Sorry if I'm dumb.

Same answer but a better chance of December.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, jessicashmessica said:

My case IS completed. (As of today! 🥳)

When roughly will my interview be set? Sorry if I'm dumb.

I'm not there yet but from what I've seen interviews at Montreal are generally scheduled a month out but it can be as short as 2 weeks or possibly even longer. Right now they seem to be getting a bit backlogged though so while a few months ago you'd find out your interview date around a month after case complete (making it 2 months from CC to interview) it looks like it's closer to 2 or 3 months until you find out your interview date right now. 

I recommend checking out the following two threads. The first is CR1/IR1 specific but is not Montreal specific, and the second is Montreal specific but not CR1/IR1 specific. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
On 7/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, jessicashmessica said:

hi guys,

Where do I find the embassy wait time for immediate relative (IR1) visa for Montreal?

I created a group msg for Cr1/IR1 waiting for interview. The January CC just got her interview letter mid July for an August interview. I will add you so you can see. Montreal is sleeping for over 2 months now. 😌

20 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

I created a group msg for Cr1/IR1 waiting for interview. The January CC just got her interview letter mid July for an August interview. I will add you so you can see. Montreal is sleeping for over 2 months now. 😌

Hi There, are you still waiting for IL for your IR case? I remember you have CC in early May, wow that's a long wait for IR. I'm an EB at Montreal with CC in April. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, BurBur said:

Hi There, are you still waiting for IL for your IR case? I remember you have CC in early May, wow that's a long wait for IR. I'm an EB at Montreal with CC in April. 

We have a list starting April Cr1/IR1. It’s crazy! My CC is june 3 but there are sooooo many before me still waiting. The January CC got her interview for August 5 and just her. Seems they slowed down for all visa caregories. They havent given out IL for almost 3 mos now in my category 😌

25 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

We have a list starting April Cr1/IR1. It’s crazy! My CC is june 3 but there are sooooo many before me still waiting. The January CC got her interview for August 5 and just her. Seems they slowed down for all visa caregories. They havent given out IL for almost 3 mos now in my category 😌

January huh.. I hope they are scheduling for September this and next weeks so that you guys can have some of you off the list. It might just be the student and travel visa over the summer. Are you saying April CCs are the next for CR/IR then?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BurBur said:

January huh.. I hope they are scheduling for September this and next weeks so that you guys can have some of you off the list. It might just be the student and travel visa over the summer. Are you saying April CCs are the next for CR/IR then?

Just praying they schedule the APRIL and May CCs this August for a Sept interview. If they wont move, I won’t be able to move forward as well coz my CC is June ☹️

Timeline
9 minutes ago, BurBur said:

Look! These are just a portion of the total Canadian applicants. For sure there are more who are quiet on VJ and those who are not a member here. 

@MK2803 Jan 14 — AUG 5 finally! 🙌🏼

@alexander07 April 26

@mcinnis17 April 30

@mlabib May 1

@Hermanl May 2

@KrisUSBound May 2

@AGNVMay 6

@ATD-Can May 7

@don_mar May 14

@hetakshpatel May 16

@Canadiangirl38 May 17

@MDQ May 24

@jonesry09 May 28

@bigportions May 31

@Tonybaloney May 31

@Kelshabrit May 31

@Kartinee23 June 3

@mikebike June 4

@SunnyTiger June 4

@Parisa_1234 June 6

@SSJAIN June 13

@lilleahbeah June 18

@BellaJosephine July 5

@jessicashmessica July 29 please correct me if the date is wrong.

12 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Look! These are just a portion of the total Canadian applicants. For sure there are more who are quiet on VJ and those who are not a member here. 

@MK2803 Jan 14 — AUG 5 finally! 🙌🏼

@alexander07 April 26

@mcinnis17 April 30

@mlabib May 1

@Hermanl May 2

@KrisUSBound May 2

@AGNVMay 6

@ATD-Can May 7

@don_mar May 14

@hetakshpatel May 16

@Canadiangirl38 May 17

@MDQ May 24

@jonesry09 May 28

@bigportions May 31

@Tonybaloney May 31

@Kelshabrit May 31

@Kartinee23 June 3

@mikebike June 4

@SunnyTiger June 4

@Parisa_1234 June 6

@SSJAIN June 13

@lilleahbeah June 18

@BellaJosephine July 5

@jessicashmessica July 29 please correct me if the date is wrong.

This is a long list of pending cases! Hope to see some September scheduling by next week! Is there a way to subscribe the status of these cases? I'm just curious about how Montreal progress..

Timeline
2 hours ago, BurBur said:

This is a long list of pending cases! Hope to see some September scheduling by next week! Is there a way to subscribe the status of these cases? I'm just curious about how Montreal progress..

Oh it is all in our group msg. I can add you so you can see. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.