Yen-Naah

Administrative Processing after Visa Approval at Interview

24 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi. I am a newbie here. I had an interview with my family on the 18th and the CO said everything is fine and our visas are approved. It's been 7 days (5 working days) since the interview but my CEAC Status says Administrative Processing. 
Is this the normal process, is there anything I can do, anybody in the same situation?

IMG_20190725_183722.png

This is completely normal 👍🏻

There is no set time line for how long this will take though, and no way to speed it up. Just a little longer wait!

The next status will be ‘Issued’.

Edited by Daphne K

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

This is completely normal 👍🏻

There is no set time line for how long this will take though, and no way to speed it up. Just a little longer wait!

The next status will be ‘Issued’.

Thanks. I am just worried because another lady I went with status says issued the very next day. 

2 minutes ago, Yen-Naah said:

Thanks. I am just worried because another lady I went with status says issued the very next day. 

Each case is different, does not have mean that there is something wrong with your case. You’re almost there! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

3 hours ago, Yen-Naah said:

Hi. I am a newbie here. I had an interview with my family on the 18th and the CO said everything is fine and our visas are approved. It's been 7 days (5 working days) since the interview but my CEAC Status says Administrative Processing. 
Is this the normal process, is there anything I can do, anybody in the same situation?

IMG_20190725_183722.png

It’s normal. My parents were approved on 18th as well and Ceac changed to Administrative Processing after their interview but this morning it changed to issued. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JeanneSs said:

It’s normal. My parents were approved on 18th as well and Ceac changed to Administrative Processing after their interview but this morning it changed to issued. 

Thanks @JeanneSs. Which consulate was their interview please? 

Timeline

Update. 

I emailed the embassy and got this response back. They did not mention that my case was under administrative processing but I guess this response is generic. All the same anybody knows what's next? 

IMG_20190729_075347.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

@Yen-Naah any update on your visa yet? This Ceac change to issued?

Not yet. My status have not been updated since the interview day. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mk1313 said:

Same here it’s been 3 months now never heard anything from them have been on AP since March.

Did you get approved at the interview? 

Did they ask for any more documents? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.