haniq

Case Returned to USCIS after interview

11 posts in this topic

Good Day, 

I filed for my husband case back in Nov 2017. Our case was approved and sent to US Embassy Islamabad. My husband gave his interview on Nov 29, 18 and was put into AP. Our case was in AP for almost 6 months.They ask us for evidence to proof our marriage which we provide them; however, they sent our case back to USCIS for further review. Any similar cases please share your experience! Thank you!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, haniq said:

Good Day, 

I filed for my husband case back in Nov 2017. Our case was approved and sent to US Embassy Islamabad. My husband gave his interview on Nov 29, 18 and was put into AP. Our case was in AP for almost 6 months.They ask us for evidence to proof our marriage which we provide them; however, they sent our case back to USCIS for further review. Any similar cases please share your experience! Thank you!  

Our case was sent back in January of 2018 a month after our interview.   It had a short pit stop at NVC and then to USCIS in about 4 months we received a NOIR.   I replied with our Rebuttal a week later and it was reaffirmed in less than two weeks from them receiving our response.  We had a second interview in October of 2018 and our currently in Administrative Processing.

If you were not present at the interview be sure you have a detailed account from him.   There has to be something that came up during the interview that would give an indication as to why they wanted to return the case.   You only have 30 days to respond to the NOIR.

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Our case was sent back in January of 2018 a month after our interview.   It had a short pit stop at NVC and then to USCIS in about 4 months we received a NOIR.   I replied with our Rebuttal a week later and it was reaffirmed in less than two weeks from them receiving our response.  We had a second interview in October of 2018 and our currently in Administrative Processing.

If you were not present at the interview be sure you have a detailed account from him.   There has to be something that came up during the interview that would give an indication as to why they wanted to return the case.   You only have 30 days to respond to the NOIR.

Hope that helps!

They object that I did not apply soon and did not visit him once during our two years of marriage. Did you go with your husband in second interview? Also, Why they have your case in AP for 2nd time? Any clue? Thanks for insight! 

3 minutes ago, haniq said:

did not visit him once during our two years of marriage.

That's a real big one.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

20 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That's a real big one.

yup! I was studying and that's why I did not go back during that time. I just went back to see him. I wish I knew it's going to be an issue. My sister-in-law got her visa and my brother did not visit her back during two years. We are not expecting that. :(

Timeline
49 minutes ago, haniq said:

They object that I did not apply soon and did not visit him once during our two years of marriage. Did you go with your husband in second interview? Also, Why they have your case in AP for 2nd time? Any clue? Thanks for insight! 

I attended both interviews.  I have no idea why he's in AP but he was given a the questionnaire (sometimes called ds5535) that is the cause for the extended delay.   They want to do additional checks but what causes them to decide who and when to put in AP is unknown.

Not seeing in two years is an issue they will most likely want you to supply evidence of a bonafide relationship.  Include the trip you took recently plus any others.

You can't compare your case with others.  I have seen people with huge red flags get a visa no issue why others have difficulty.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 7/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

I attended both interviews.  I have no idea why he's in AP but he was given a the questionnaire (sometimes called ds5535) that is the cause for the extended delay.   They want to do additional checks but what causes them to decide who and when to put in AP is unknown.

Not seeing in two years is an issue they will most likely want you to supply evidence of a bonafide relationship.  Include the trip you took recently plus any others.

You can't compare your case with others.  I have seen people with huge red flags get a visa no issue why others have difficulty.  

Thank you for insights. I already filled Ds5535 for my husband. Any other suggestions for showing our relationship? We have tonne of pictures, chat history and we have letters from our friends and relatives to support our marriage. We did not went out for any trips. I just visited him in Pak for a month. Also, any suggestions for 2nd interview. Did CO ask any questions to you? Thank you again! I truly appreciate your help 

Edited by haniq

Timeline
2 hours ago, haniq said:

Thank you for insights. I already filled Ds5535 for my husband. Any other suggestions for showing our relationship? We have tonne of pictures, chat history and we have letters from our friends and relatives to support our marriage. We did not went out for any trips. I just visited him in Pak for a month. Also, any suggestions for 2nd interview. Did CO ask any questions to you? Thank you again! I truly appreciate your help 

Exit and entry stamps from your trip to Pak pictures etc to show FaceTime.  If you visit him again before the NOIR arrives include that trip detail as well.   Chat and phone logs..it does not have to be a lot of pages but show consistent communication since you marriage began is helpful.  Tax returns MFJ or MFS (it doesn't matter which one at the moment).  Wills, beneficiary info (i.e. retirement and life insurance policies).  In Pakistan my husband was able to add me to his company health insurance policy I can not add him to our policy in USA until he is here but at least while I'm in Pakistan my healthcare is completely covered.  If you have that option it may be beneficial as well.

If you have any other indication on why the case might have been returned you'll need to be prepared for that as well.  Our letter was pretty generic and the one big item we were prepared for (my husbands divorce) but I have seen others that have had some pretty tough obstacles to overcome and with a time limit it could be tough.  

On 7/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Exit and entry stamps from your trip to Pak pictures etc to show FaceTime.  If you visit him again before the NOIR arrives include that trip detail as well.   Chat and phone logs..it does not have to be a lot of pages but show consistent communication since you marriage began is helpful.  Tax returns MFJ or MFS (it doesn't matter which one at the moment).  Wills, beneficiary info (i.e. retirement and life insurance policies).  In Pakistan my husband was able to add me to his company health insurance policy I can not add him to our policy in USA until he is here but at least while I'm in Pakistan my healthcare is completely covered.  If you have that option it may be beneficial as well.

If you have any other indication on why the case might have been returned you'll need to be prepared for that as well.  Our letter was pretty generic and the one big item we were prepared for (my husbands divorce) but I have seen others that have had some pretty tough obstacles to overcome and with a time limit it could be tough.  

On 7/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Thank you for all tips

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.