Rhea V

221 g Jordanian Embassy after interview and red flags

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello Everyone

Long time listener, first time caller. Thank you first of all for this group. Ive been lurking for so long and unsure if I wanted to create a profile but for the first time today read somewhere there were separate groups for middle east K1. I hope one day I can be of help but today I need help especially from those who are  going through the same. We are a bit devastated. My fiance had his interview on July 9th. I did not attend the interview with him but was in Jordan. I didnt go with him per the request of our Jordanian lawyer who we hired in Jordan. We are a red-flagged couple so he wanted us to avoid issues. I would have preferred to go but lawyer said they are really judgmental there but dont act like it and if we appear to be an unlikely couple in their eyes it triggers additional unnecessary questions to trip us up. My fiance was also glad I didnt attend because he felt a bit of pressure just being alone. We had a perfect package, tons of evidence, front loaded like crazy, and the new security questions were covered with extra information volunteered by us and ready on a separate piece of paper. Everything was reviewed by our lawyer but the interviewer still told us we needed additional security clearance. He was given a form and he told my fiance how to email the information which we have already submitted. Lawyer did tell us to prepare for AP and it was unlikely we get approved on the spot but if everything clears later, we certainly can get approved BUT Im worried since after asking him, he said 2 were denied this month after being put into AP like everyone and sent back to USA.

We took things farther and we included full print outs of our Face book profile pages, chats and online dating info, comments by friends and family members under our photos. We listed any changes of names on the facebook history so nothing was hidden per our lawyer (my name was changed 3 times in the last year and a half).Then we wanted his family history and whereabouts of beneficiaries family members their dates of birth and want their addresses etc. Done. BUT then they called his sister even though we never included her phone number.!

The interviewer asked questions about my fiances siblings which were on the DS 160 but still asked. 

She asked about my divorce (red flag for jordan)

She asked what my religion was ( I was born catholic, he is muslim and we are both not religious but its still another red flag again)

She asked how we met, what platform it was and then asked when I went to jordan for first time.

She asked how old I was and how old he was (Im 33 and he is 28) another red flag!

She asked where I was right now, he said having lunch with my mom in downtown.

She asked him what my favorite color was and he said blue which is true and she smiled at him as most of our pics and my facebook posts im wearing blue.

She asked if we had wedding plans and he said yes

She gave him a sheet a paper and said to have a seat and wait to be called again. We submitted everthing they asked a week later and 2 days after that they called  his sister. Two updates on C.E.A.C web and nothing else. Lawyer said everyones getting a 221 g lately Im scared because he said 2 of his clients this month were denied after going into this AP review and eventually got sent back to USA.

Is there anyone else that experienced the same? Why so many 221g everywhere. Its all I am reading. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rhea V said:

oh my god!!!! not even 5 min after posting this my fiance calle d me to tell me a consular officer called him just now and told him to mail his passport! We are approved!!!! I am in tears! Thnk you God and I believe coming here to visa journey brought us this great luck!! Good luck to everyone on your journeys!!!

Congratulations! I was just about to message you and invite you to a K1 support group chat here for Jordan but its perhaps no longer necessary unless you would still like to join and give us all a head start on AOS experience once your fiance arrives? Im so so happy for you! When you are finished with your happy dance would you mind sharing how many total days in AP?  Thanks. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Congratulations! I was just about to message you and invite you to a K1 support group chat here for Jordan but its perhaps no longer necessary unless you would still like to join and give us all a head start on AOS experience once your fiance arrives? Im so so happy for you! When you are finished with your happy dance would you mind sharing how many total days in AP?  Thanks. 

Thank u so much! Im actually following u!! I would love to be included in your group. Our interview was on July 9th and we submitted the responses the morning of July 16th. Today, July25th we are approved. So including weekends it was 8 days in AP. 

Timeline
Just now, Rhea V said:

Thank u so much! Im actually following u!! I would love to be included in your group. Our interview was on July 9th and we submitted the responses the morning of July 16th. Today, July25th we are approved. So including weekends it was 8 days in AP. 

Ok I will add you. Since it was only 8 days it seems the information you submitted was for informational purposes for the Embassy. It does not look like it was for the department of state for security clearance as assumed. Otherwise it could not have been approved in 8 days because it would take about that long to be submitted to CEAC. Which in my opinion is even better. Again congrats to you and your fiance 😁  and Ill add you it may take 24 hours to be added in. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
16 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Ok I will add you. Since it was only 8 days it seems the information you submitted was for informational purposes for the Embassy. It does not look like it was for the department of state for security clearance as assumed. Otherwise it could not have been approved in 8 days because it would take about that long to be submitted to CEAC. Which in my opinion is even better. Again congrats to you and your fiance 😁  and Ill add you it may take 24 hours to be added in. 

Thank you! The date on ceac changed and is no longer there. Im not sure why. i was looking for more information. please add me to your group. I agree that it wasnt required to go to dept of state. it was for embassy only. what a relief. im happy to share any information I can. thanx~

Timeline
On 7/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, Rhea V said:

Thank you! The date on ceac changed and is no longer there. Im not sure why. i was looking for more information. please add me to your group. I agree that it wasnt required to go to dept of state. it was for embassy only. what a relief. im happy to share any information I can. thanx~

Hi Rhea,

I added you to the group. Im not sure why it takes so long for you to join. I think its a glitch. I will ask one of the senior members. In the meantime, just to help the rest of us, would you mind updating your timeline since you have been approved? It helps the rest of us see the timeline on the K1's they ARE approving. Thanks!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
2 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Hi Rhea,

I added you to the group. Im not sure why it takes so long for you to join. I think its a glitch. I will ask one of the senior members. In the meantime, just to help the rest of us, would you mind updating your timeline since you have been approved? It helps the rest of us see the timeline on the K1's they ARE approving. Thanks!

thank u for reminding me. I updated it. Nothing yet as far as group. How do I enter your group?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.