K + M

What exactly does this status mean?

21 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I gotcha.

That's a tough one....not much you can do to force somebody to do their job correctly. If there were, I would be working in management instead.

Optimally, she should be able to lookup her record in SAVE by I-94, passport number, or A-Number. Have all of them available (passport + visa + I-94 printout from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/, and I-797). Check the name on the I-94 printout matches her passport, too...even 1 character off can cause a mismatch.

Good luck.

the name on the I-94 printout is the way the name appears in the DHS system, so if the name on the application way she puts it in matches with the I-94 matches there wont be a mismatch?

Do you know if the woman working has the ability to take off the I-551, and MRIV? And what exactly is I-797?

2 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

the name on the I-94 printout is the way the name appears in the DHS system, so if the name on the application way she puts it in matches with the I-94 matches there wont be a mismatch?

Do you know if the woman working has the ability to take off the I-551, and MRIV? And what exactly is I-797?

Hopefully....the specifics is beyond my realm of knowledge, sorry.

I doubt it. SAVE is a system to verify information, but I would be doubtful they have write access to change it.

I-797 is a Notice Of Action (NOA)...what you get when they accept a filing, approve a form, etc.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Another update, we went to the SSA office today to get the SAV facts sheet, and the guy there wasn't the girl we originally worked with, and he had no idea what a SAV facts sheet was, so long story short we are going back tomorrow to get the SAV facts sheet from the girl that we started the application tomorrow with. 

The whole story of the appointment today.

We went in and got called up to the desk and told the SSA worker our story of how DHS told us to come in and get the SAV facts sheet to have so we can make an appointment to go to the local field office and get this all straightened out, and then we come back and get the SSN.  He looked puzzled as if he has never heard what a SAV facts sheet was before, which was not a complete shock, but hey stuff happens, so I just continued on to explain our situation.  Now this is where this really started to confuse me, the guy started saying attached to Kerri's file was saying she had the forms I-551, he also said something with 797 which I know is removal of conditions, and he kept mentioning about how she has the ability to work, which she doesn't because we havn't filed for AOS yet.  We are going back tomorrow to meet with the original lady who is helping us with this case, and we are going to get the whole mess all straightened out.  

Is what this is, did the original SSA lady who filed the application to get Kerri's SSN attach to her file that she has documents that she doesnt, and has authorizations that she doesnt?  Because to me that is what this sounds like.  We are going back tomorrow, going to have a long appointment with the lady and hopefully get this all straightened out and tell her to get rid of all that stuff as we havn't filed for AOS yet, and we are not that far long into the immigration process yet.  I mean if we had 797 we wouldn't just now be filing for SSN, but hey 😀.

What you all think?

SAVE case facts sheet is available online here 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/SAVE/SAVE_Native_Documents/Save_CaseCheck_FactSheet.pdf

print it off and take it with you !! 

@geowrian

I FIGURED IT OUT! :D🎆

Okay so I called USCIS again, and I was talking to this lady and of course was being the normal (mis)information line, said can't get a SSN until use EAD blah blah blah, and I this time just finally said, "I'm sorry I have to stop you, you are wrong, you can get a SSN if you are within the first 76 days of your I-94 as your still in good status, and that is exactly what we are trying to do"  and she just responded by saying, yes you are correct.

Amazing how she just flipped from saying we can't do it, to I am correct, this is where it all started to get solved,  She gave us the number of all numbers, the holy grail for verification issues, she gave us the verification hotline for SSN's, where the actual applications go to get verified.  Come to find out the verifications that they say take weeks and weeks and weeks, one of the guys who does these verifications told me if you call this number, you can get it done within usually 5 minutes then the SSA can issue the SSN.  

Anyway, she gave us the SSN verification hotline number, I called it, it is a little sectioned off part of the DHS that is currently handling all SAVE cases because SAVE doesn't have a designated number.  I called this guy and I swear he was the first person I talked to that just understood everything, he even said, "let me guess you went to SSA, have a K-1 and have been given the run-around with the SSA, and don't have your SSN yet even tho you are eligible and should have it, and you don't have it due to verification issues, and are trying to get them fixed, yeah let me help you out and explain absolutely everything you need to do."  

He said I needed to go back to the SSA office tomorrow and basically tell them they need to contact the verification department by this number, and select any of the 3 options just to get to one of the workers,  give them the case ID number, that they got when they generated the application, and he even told me to tell the worker that it is on the tooltip. After giving the case ID number, you will get transferred to the CASE resolution team, this is the actual team that does the verifications on the SSN applications, and he said they will walk the SSA worker through fixing the case, fixing absolutely all verification issues, and everything else, and he said within a matter of 5 minutes.  And then after that call the SSA worker will be able to issue you a SSN, and boom you will be all done.  I can't believe the answer to all of this is that the SSA worker just needs to call this verification hotline portion of the DHS, and the DHS case resolution team will literally tell the SSA worker how to fix it.  

This is such a simple solution to something that they try and make seem so difficult.

The number we all need, and SSA needs to call for verification problems -  888-464-4218 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

@geowrian

I FIGURED IT OUT! :D🎆

Okay so I called USCIS again, and I was talking to this lady and of course was being the normal (mis)information line, said can't get a SSN until use EAD blah blah blah, and I this time just finally said, "I'm sorry I have to stop you, you are wrong, you can get a SSN if you are within the first 76 days of your I-94 as your still in good status, and that is exactly what we are trying to do"  and she just responded by saying, yes you are correct.

Amazing how she just flipped from saying we can't do it, to I am correct, this is where it all started to get solved,  She gave us the number of all numbers, the holy grail for verification issues, she gave us the verification hotline for SSN's, where the actual applications go to get verified.  Come to find out the verifications that they say take weeks and weeks and weeks, one of the guys who does these verifications told me if you call this number, you can get it done within usually 5 minutes then the SSA can issue the SSN.  

Anyway, she gave us the SSN verification hotline number, I called it, it is a little sectioned off part of the DHS that is currently handling all SAVE cases because SAVE doesn't have a designated number.  I called this guy and I swear he was the first person I talked to that just understood everything, he even said, "let me guess you went to SSA, have a K-1 and have been given the run-around with the SSA, and don't have your SSN yet even tho you are eligible and should have it, and you don't have it due to verification issues, and are trying to get them fixed, yeah let me help you out and explain absolutely everything you need to do."  

He said I needed to go back to the SSA office tomorrow and basically tell them they need to contact the verification department by this number, and select any of the 3 options just to get to one of the workers,  give them the case ID number, that they got when they generated the application, and he even told me to tell the worker that it is on the tooltip. After giving the case ID number, you will get transferred to the CASE resolution team, this is the actual team that does the verifications on the SSN applications, and he said they will walk the SSA worker through fixing the case, fixing absolutely all verification issues, and everything else, and he said within a matter of 5 minutes.  And then after that call the SSA worker will be able to issue you a SSN, and boom you will be all done.  I can't believe the answer to all of this is that the SSA worker just needs to call this verification hotline portion of the DHS, and the DHS case resolution team will literally tell the SSA worker how to fix it.  

This is such a simple solution to something that they try and make seem so difficult.

The number we all need, and SSA needs to call for verification problems -  888-464-4218 

Well done. Your persistence has been phenomenal.  

We need that phone number pinned at the top of this SSN guide so others are spared the horrific experience 

6 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Well done. Your persistence has been phenomenal.  

We need that phone number pinned at the top of this SSN guide so others are spared the horrific experience 

I will make a post asking for it to be pinned, and saying our whole story, and putting the number, you are exactly right, this number needs to become common knowledge, it will sparse anyone who has verification issues to wait, and anyone going through verification issues wont have to be worried about the SSA messing up.  

Also thank you so much for the compliment, it put such a huge smile on my face :D😊

@Lil bear

Edited by Kerri and Myles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.