NotAFish

Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

Again, my thanks for the help so far!  I hope it is alright that I note my thank you by clicking the "thanks" button on a reply instead of responding.  I am happy to respond if that is more cordial, I just wasn't sure.  Please let me know if I should change how I show my appreciation.

Question:  I have multiple pieces of evidence of a bonifide marriage and I am wondering what should be submitted and what should not.

1. 86 pages of text messages (all in Vietnamese) with 9 screenshots of texts per page (so about 775 phone screens of text messages).
  2. 28 pages of pictures (4 pictures per page) ranging from my wife and I together, marriage photos, trip photos.
  3. 3 airline tickets from trips we took
  4. Current translated lease together (house)

I feel like perhaps this is too much and will not be looked well upon by the person who has to look through it all.

Should I include all of it or, if not, which parts?

Also, I have my complete passport printed out, but it is not in color.  Is this OK?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Items 1 and 2 are secondary evidence, so I would say you could most likely get by with less of those.  As to the photos, I would focus on the engagement/wedding photos.  Items 3 and 4 are primary evidence and I would include all of it.  I think you will be fine with the passport printed in black and white.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

1. 10-15 pages

2. 5-6 pages

3. All ( also provide any passport stamps or boarding passes if available)

4. Black n white is fine, no need of all pages, just the biometric page is fine. 

5. Any financial docs of you two??

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's what we sent with the I-130 petition:

a few photos of each visit together, date stamped, from multiple visits over time (4 before filing petition)

four or five photos from the wedding, date stamped, some with family and friends

passport stamps, boarding passes, hotel receipts, restaurant receipts as evidence of these 4 visits

joint credit card account statements showing that we are already co-mingling finances

documents showing my Brazilian husband as my beneficiary on life insurance, retirement accounts, investment accounts

evidence of my husband's health insurance, dental insurance based on my US employer's plan

evidence of my husband as my emergency contact at work, statement that he is my husband on employer's HR website

wills and living wills

Christmas cards addressed to both of us at my US address

copies of cards and letters we have exchanged since the beginning of our relationship

wedding ring receipts

email logs, phone call logs, video call logs to show continuous daily communication

representative chat records (only a few pages of sample chats) from WhatsApp, Messenger

printout of our Facebook relationship with a few photos, comments from friends and family, words of congratulations on wedding day

affidavits from family members attesting to the nature of our relationship

brief statement of relationship history, how we met, how the relationship developed over time

We uploaded additional evidence of three more visits since filing the petition, at the NVC stage, also a copy of our married filing jointly US tax return for 2018, and took more evidence from our 11-day trip to London and Paris together in April to the June 12 interview, but the CO did not even ask for it.  The interview was very quick and she said we were approved.  It was obvious from the questions that she had pretty much decided to approve the visa before the interview.  Two days later the visa was sent to my husband, and he received it a week after the interview, June 19.  He will arrive in the US on August 19.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.