Ahmad 001

How to know the approval date of Petition filed under F4 Category

5 posts in this topic

My brother filed the I-130 petition for me in 2005 or 06 (do not remember exact date as the attorney is no more in contact). I received the  welcoming letter by post from NVC dated 9 Oct 2009 with priority date  of 28 July 2006 under F4 category. Now on 20 July 2019, I have submitted DS-260 along with all concerned documents to NVC and case is under review. I have 3 children and spouse who are all derivatives and also included in the process. One of my son is above 21 years now (DOB:6 November 1995) Although his name was included by the NVC at their portal therefore I have also submitted his papers. I want to know whether my son is eligible for immigrating with me under CSPA  rule or not. I am confused about the approval date of my petition so that I can calculate his eligibility. My case no at NVC is like ISL2009XXXXXXX. If any one can help me regarding this query I will be grateful.

Regards

The approval date will be printed on the approval notice. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can call NVC and ask for the approval date in case you no longer have the 2nd notice of action. 

What exactly does the 2009 letter you received say? I can’t remember my own F3 case in detail but sounds like that might have been after approval?

edit: if that’s the case, even allowing for a month or two between approval and the nvc letter, if your PD becomes current in the next few months (as looks likely), your son should be protected under CSPA.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Thanks Susie for the reply, The letter of 2009 does not mention anything about the receiving of case from USCIS. It was meant to inform the case no and priority date, the time left between approval from USCIS and this letter is a wild guess which I wants to find. Luckily my priority date is getting current on 1 Aug 2019.

Regards

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.