saimohan

Register your Immigrant Visa Appointment

16 posts in this topic

Hello :)

I just got an email asking me to register my appointment and started doing that. It's a few steps where it's asking for applicant information, courier, schedule and some instructions.

I just want to double check something: On the courier step, it says choose a pick up location. Am I right in thinking that I do have to pick it up? as opposed to it delivering to my home address? I've seen a lot of k-1 posts that said they had to pick it up. I want to make sure that it is the same thing for CR1 as well.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, saimohan said:

I just got an email asking me to register my appointment and started doing that. It's a few steps where it's asking for applicant information, courier, schedule and some instructions.

I just want to double check something: On the courier step, it says choose a pick up location. Am I right in thinking that I do have to pick it up? as opposed to it delivering to my home address? I've seen a lot of k-1 posts that said they had to pick it up. I want to make sure that it is the same thing for CR1 as well.

Thank you.

When you first go to book your appointment, you have to select a pick up address (which means you would need to go there to collect your passport/visa when issued). After you’ve booked an interview appointment, you’ll then have the option to pay extra to have it delivered to your house. That’s the way the system works for K1s, so I’d be very surprised if it was different for CR1... 

Regardless, if the only option is to select to pick up - then that’s what you’ll need to select - and then after you’ve booked your appointment, you should be presented with a home delivery option.

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, saimohan said:

Thank you.

The courier part is the same for K1 or CR1. Some opt to pick up to save the $30 fee.

The way the system is programmed, it wants to know your nearest depot first, but will get to the home delivery option and have you pay for it before you're done.

Another courier note specific to IR1/CR1 is that you probably will not get the big white envelope marked "do not open" and will only get your passport/visa back. There has been a switch to more digital based records and IR1/CR1s are part of that move, eliminating your receiving the envelope of paper files to transport to the US. Yours will be transported electronically.

Ahh thank you both so much for clarifying this, really appreciate it. It's one of those things, where I didn't want to make the wrong choice and cause any delays on my end. 

Another courier note specific to IR1/CR1 is that you probably will not get the big white envelope marked "do not open" and will only get your passport/visa back. There has been a switch to more digital based records and IR1/CR1s are part of that move, eliminating your receiving the envelope of paper files to transport to the US. Yours will be transported electronically.

^this is handy to know. You've saved from possible future worrying moment. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

When you first go to book your appointment, you have to select a pick up address (which means you would need to go there to collect your passport/visa when issued). After you’ve booked an interview appointment, you’ll then have the option to pay extra to have it delivered to your house. That’s the way the system works for K1s, so I’d be very surprised if it was different for CR1... 

Regardless, if the only option is to select to pick up - then that’s what you’ll need to select - and then after you’ve booked your appointment, you should be presented with a home delivery option.

Hi Zoe,  how much did it cost (I’m in the UK too) to pay the extra amount for it to be delivered to your home address please? I’m yet to book my interview because the diary for September is not open yet. 

Just planning ahead financially 🙂

2 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Hi Zoe,  how much did it cost (I’m in the UK too) to pay the extra amount for it to be delivered to your home address please? I’m yet to book my interview because the diary for September is not open yet. 

Hi Meg101 - I just purchased the premium delivery service. It was £19.99  

4 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

I’m yet to book too - also waiting for the September window to open - but @Wuozopo said $30 above 🙃

EDIT: this has now been answered above - £19.99

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

23 minutes ago, saimohan said:

Hi Meg101 - I just purchased the premium delivery service. It was £19.99  

22 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I’m yet to book too - also waiting for the September window to open - but @Wuozopo said $30 above 🙃

EDIT: this has now been answered above - £19.99

Thank you both! 😘🙂

Zoe will you be leaving a review for how your medical went ? I would be interested in reading it, if so!  Mine Is booked for the 13th of August. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

The rate across the world is $30 because it's the US setting the price. The exchange rate charged in local currency (£) can vary depending on the going exchange rate which they probably don't change in real time. 

£19.99 is a good deal because the current exchange rate is more like £24.

2 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Thank you both! 😘🙂

Zoe will you be leaving a review for how your medical went ? I would be interested in reading it, if so!  Mine Is booked for the 13th of August. 

I will definitely do a write up afterwards, as I know reading others helped me 🙃

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah I can confirm I was also asked for £19.99, but chose to just pick it up from my local DX hub as it was relatively close to where I lived.  

My case number changed to issued on the 12th after being told I was approved on the 10, Then on the 15th received this email.

"Hello Wee Kilty McConnor,

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The tracking number for the package is 13XXXXXXXX. It can take up to 1 business day after receiving this notice before your shipment is available to be tracked. Please do not contact the courier company before this time as no additional information will be available. You may track the progress of this shipment at https://www.dxdelivery.com/consumer/my-tracking/. The shipment process takes an average of one to two business days from the time you receive this notice.

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s) and additional information related to courier services, please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/information/courier

The data we have on file is:

Applicant Name: Wee Kilty McConnor

Passport Number: 5XXXXXXXX

Best regards, 

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team"

You receive no other correspondence before this point after your interview if it's been approved.

Good luck, I look forward to reading your own experience too 😊

Edited by ConnorS

13 hours ago, ConnorS said:

Yeah I can confirm I was also asked for £19.99, but chose to just pick it up from my local DX hub as it was relatively close to where I lived.  

My case number changed to issued on the 12th after being told I was approved on the 10, Then on the 15th received this email.

"Hello Wee Kilty McConnor,

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The tracking number for the package is 13XXXXXXXX. It can take up to 1 business day after receiving this notice before your shipment is available to be tracked. Please do not contact the courier company before this time as no additional information will be available. You may track the progress of this shipment at https://www.dxdelivery.com/consumer/my-tracking/. The shipment process takes an average of one to two business days from the time you receive this notice.

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s) and additional information related to courier services, please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/information/courier

The data we have on file is:

Applicant Name: Wee Kilty McConnor

Passport Number: 5XXXXXXXX

Best regards, 

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team"

You receive no other correspondence before this point after your interview if it's been approved.

Good luck, I look forward to reading your own experience too 😊

I sincerely hope your full name actually is Wee Kilty McConnor. And that weirdly enough, you’re  Welsh. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
15 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I sincerely hope your full name actually is Wee Kilty McConnor. And that weirdly enough, you’re  Welsh. 

Lol yeah that would be the British isles almost covered 🤣

On 7/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, saimohan said:

Thank you.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, as (I'm just trying to find someone else who is waiting for an interview date through NVC), when was your documents approved by NVC? Mine was 26th June, so am trying to find a rough timescale.

Congratulations on getting an interview date!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.