Oaftobark

Heading to the medical now- is there anything i need to make sure i dont leave there without?

11 posts in this topic

If you're missing any vaccinations, insist on having them there (and pay!)!

They apparently sometimes tell people they can go home and get it form their local GP but, as I understand, this causes a huge hassle as that means your vaccs aren't signed off on the day and causes visa delays at best - at worst could cost you even more $$$ having to go to a civil surgeon in the US after you move to get signed off for AOS

4 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

If you're missing any vaccinations, insist on having them there (and pay!)!

They apparently sometimes tell people they can go home and get it form their local GP but, as I understand, this causes a huge hassle as that means your vaccs aren't signed off on the day and causes visa delays at best - at worst could cost you even more $$$ having to go to a civil surgeon in the US after you move to get signed off for AOS

To the original poster, good luck.  You should be fine.  Just get all those vaccinations that are available that you don't already have (and have documented).   Not all vaccines are available in all countries, which they understand.

I'm confused on the comment above - civil surgeon in the US for vaccines?  In the US you go to your primary care physician, a doctor specializing in travel prep,  or a clinic.  Not a surgeon.  

I believe that's the term they use for someone who is certified/authorised to perform a visa/green card medical in the US. 

Edited by yoda one for me

9 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

I believe that's the term they use for someone who is certified/authorised to perform a visa/green card medical in the US. 

Hmmm had to google that one.  Sure enough, it's an aka for authorized doctors.   Learn something new every day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Oaftobark said:

Heading to the medical now- is there anything i need to make sure i dont leave there without?

Anything specific that i will need at a later point for the aos?

@yoda one for me has been reading and paying attention! 

You will be given a photocopy of form DS-3025 with your vaccinations marked. You want that sheet to be marked in the results section that you have completed all requirements. Don't rush out the door. Take a seat and study it.  

Tell them you had chickenpox so on the Varicella shot, they mark "Varicella History" which excuses you.

On the Influenza line, make sure the waiver column is marked with the code "F" for not flu season which excuses that shot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, mtempelaar said:

I'm confused on the comment above - civil surgeon in the US for vaccines?  In the US you go to your primary care physician, a doctor specializing in travel prep,  or a clinic.  Not a surgeon.  

When you file your I-485 for Adjustment of Status USCIS will ONLY accept your vaccination record from an approved Civil Surgeon so if your immunization history is incomplete, they will send you an RFE to get it done and you can't just go to your GP or local Walgreens. Well, you can, but they won't accept it for immigration purposes.  The "Civil Surgeon" they refer to I believe is just a term they use. As far as I know it's just a registered GP who is approved to sign off medicals for USCIS. 

Any other shots you or your kids need once that stage is complete, yes, you just go to any GP or wherever you choose. 

Edited by wbeem
Clarification
Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

What name/title does the government give to doctors authorized to fill out official immigration medical forms?

• Panel Physician in foreign countries for visas. Form DS-2054
  • Civil Surgeon in the USA for greencard applicants (adjustment of status). Form I-693  

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

@yoda one for me has been reading and paying attention! 

You will be given a photocopy of form DS-3025 with your vaccinations marked. You want that sheet to be marked in the results section that you have completed all requirements. Don't rush out the door. Take a seat and study it.  

Tell them you had chickenpox so on the Varicella shot, they mark "Varicella History" which excuses you.

On the Influenza line, make sure the waiver column is marked with the code "F" for not flu season which excuses that shot.

Thanks for the info.  Thats all fine but i have a couple questions.  

Should it say form ds3025 on the form? And on the right side theres a few boxes left blank for "measles mumps and rubella" however they did check a box and add some dates.  Is that okay?Screenshot_20190718-170811_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0106d289b1d5b374c6ca10c7813efc70.jpg

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

Thanks for the info.  Thats all fine but i have a couple questions.  

Should it say form ds3025 on the form? And on the right side theres a few boxes left blank for "measles mumps and rubella" however they did check a box and add some dates.  Is that okay?

YES, that is the correct form. The original goes to the embassy with the rest of the medical results. It looks perfect to be clearedfor AOS without a trip to a Civil Surgeon.

You don't have waiver codes for the MMR lines because you got the shots.  You aren't being excused from MMR.  They didn't really need to mark that Td line,  but Knightsbridge always does the code B for "insufficient time interval".  Their logic is you only need one every 10 years, so enough time hasn't passed to give you another. 

Edit to add. Those codes are the excuses for not having to get a shot. Most are baby shots so A- not age appropriate. F-not flu season. If you were allergic or pregnant you would get excused as not medically appropriate. 

Edited by Wuozopo

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

YES, that is the correct form. The original goes to the embassy with the rest of the medical results. It looks perfect to be clearedfor AOS without a trip to a Civil Surgeon.

You don't have waiver codes for the MMR lines because you got the shots.  You aren't being excused from MMR.  They didn't really need to mark that Td line,  but Knightsbridge always does the code B for "insufficient time interval".  Their logic is you only need one every 10 years, so enough time hasn't passed to give you another. 

Edit to add. Those codes are the excuses for not having to get a shot. Most are baby shots so A- not age appropriate. F-not flu season. If you were allergic or pregnant you would get excused as not medically appropriate. 

Thats good to hear, thanks for clarifying 😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.