Sam+1

DCF filling living in Lake Chapala Mexico

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We will be getting married in Philippines Nov-Jan . We plan to live in Lake Chapala/Ajijic (as I need to travel to TX every 2-3 months, I have already found a rental and have spoken with the Mexican Consulate in TX about a  Temporary Resident Visa  and I exceed the minimum requirements (and they are not expecting any problems (I Know nothing is guaranteed until you have it).

Just looking for anybody who has had experience with DCF filling in Mexico/Embassy Mexico City, &  interview will be at the consulate in Ciudad Juarez.   The Good, Bad & the Ugly.

Anything to know or lookout for.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Sam&Sue said:

We will be getting married in Philippines Nov-Jan . We plan to live in Lake Chapala/Ajijic (as I need to travel to TX every 2-3 months, I have already found a rental and have spoken with the Mexican Consulate in TX about a  Temporary Resident Visa  and I exceed the minimum requirements (and they are not expecting any problems (I Know nothing is guaranteed until you have it).

Just looking for anybody who has had experience with DCF filling in Mexico/Embassy Mexico City, &  interview will be at the consulate in Ciudad Juarez.   The Good, Bad & the Ugly.

Anything to know or lookout for.

Thanks

DCF has been discontinued for CJD, with the closure of the USCIS office there.

Honestly that option will probably be gone by then.  It is already gone in the CDJ (field office) and the other 2 offices are supposed to close before the end of the year.

But if is still open, you probably need more than just the Mexican Visa and house rental.   When I submitted, in person,  they wanted to see my Mexican Green card, Mexican Driver's license, utility bills, car insurance etc.   We waited 6 weeks to get Mary's Mexican Green Card via INM and that was fast.   

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Couple of things come to mind regarding your plans to DCF in Mexico.

One, they seem to be closing USCIS offices around the world. And even those that are currently open are starting to wind down DCF processing. It might also take a certain amount of time for both of you to gain a Temporary Resident Visa, so the clock might run out on you, especially since it sounds like you might not even be moving to MX until after your wedding in 6 months or so.

All that said, living in Lake Chapala/Ajijic while waiting for the 12-14 month process of filing in the US to complete, doesn't seem so bad.

Edited by Russ&Caro

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

With the help of some good folks here I'm getting smarter about how to make this work. Which Embassy/ Consulate in Mexico is doing CR1 is semi irrelevant as there only short flight away. I will continue to refine the process. This might turn out to not be the best option, more research in order.

Might just file from US, saw a list of countries which are not overly difficult for Visas w/PH passport and she can fly back to manila for interview and I might go also.

Maybe it might be faster to drive her across in the trunk of my car or wade across the Rio Grande lol.

The Journey continues!!

24 minutes ago, Sam&Sue said:

Which Embassy/ Consulate in Mexico is doing CR1 is semi irrelevant as there only short flight away.

You have to use the USCIS office that has jurisdiction for the Estado.   Jalisco is Mexico City. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/mexico-uscis-mexico-city-field-office

All of the interviews are in Ciudad Juarez.  If you can't do DCF do not do the spousal visa there.   It is taking 8 or more months for an appointment.

Getting a tourist visa for her for Mexico is next to impossible.  One way around is getting her a multiple entry Japan (or Canada) Visa as Mexico will honor for entry that without an need for a Mexican Visa. 

I have Mexican Permanent Residency.  We couldn't get a Mexican spousal visa in PI, they jerked us arround for 3 weeks and then denied it.  They didn't have a clue on how to process it.  We went to Hong Kong and it took us 5 hours to get it done.  I took years of documentation for proof of my "residency".

If she can get any visa for Mexico, she can fly to Hong Kong and from there get a pretty cheap fare via Hainan Airlines to TIjuana or Mexico City then just use Volaris to Guadalajara.

I'd just get married as soon as you want and get your Mexican residency visa done just in case that is still an option. If she can move to Mexico and adjust to the RT visa she will be closer.   It would be best to plan on just doing an I-130 in Manila.   One thing to remember is that she will need an Estado Police Certificate for Mexico in addition to one for the PI.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

Yes, I am exploring options and this morning we looked at all the pros and cons of K1 v CR1 and each.  This afternoon we factored in all information here, from you guys, and own research. Were think going back to K1 which was our original thought. Our timeline will show what decision we have have made.

Again We appreciate all you're feedback and special notice to Paul & Mary who really good information. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sounds like you're doing some good research and planning which will likely lead to good decisions. Some people come onto Visa Journey "asking" for advice but ignore it because they're only willing to hear what they want to hear.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.