EK97

When to book interview?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

This applies to London. When is the correct time to book an interview?

On the UK US Embassy Website it says

After you have attended your medical examination, you should then schedule your visa interview through the Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:

But I've seen people say you should/can do it:

When the Visa Status Check (CEAC) says 'Ready? other than 'In Transit' - Can you do it during the 'In Transit' Phase?

Or

When you receive a letter from the embassy?

I'm trying to make this process as smooth as possible and I hope someone can clear this up :) 

Many thanks!

Evan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
13 hours ago, EK97 said:

Hello all,

When the Visa Status Check (CEAC) says 'Ready? other than 'In Transit' - Can you do it during the 'In Transit' Phase?

Or

I'm trying to make this process as smooth as possible and I hope someone can clear this up :) 

Many thanks!

Evan

Hi Evan, if https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv allows you to pay for and book your date for your interview then your good to go.  You do not need a letter from the embassy.  When you book on the DoS visa appointment service you are required to print out a page of instruction that you must take with you, along with your completed DS-160 print out.  I was able to schedule my appointment even when it still showed in transit, and only changed to ready a few days before my scheduled interview date.

Just make sure you have all your required documentation first of course, affidavit of support etc

Good luck 

Edited by ConnorS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 hours ago, EK97 said:

Hello all,

Or

Many thanks!

Evan

If you want it to be smooth, then make sure you get your ducks in a row so you aren't in a time crunch because you picked an interview date before you thought about what had to be in place before that date. 

Plan for medical first...shots completed, shot record, medical summary from your GP,  any special reports your GP needs to write, police certificate(s), four passport photos, and the email from NVC or the letter from London stating your new LND case number. Get an appointment when you are sure your GP will have everything done you need. Some NHS practices can be slow dealing with you.

Then allow a space of 10-14 days between medical and interview so your results will be at the embassy before your interview day. It's slower than they say. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, ConnorS said:

Hi Evan, if https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv allows you to pay for and book your date for your interview then your good to go.  You do not need a letter from the embassy.  When you book on the DoS visa appointment service you are required to print out a page of instruction that you must take with you, along with your completed DS-160 print out.  I was able to schedule my appointment even when it still showed in transit, and only changed to ready a few days before my scheduled interview date.

Just make sure you have all your required documentation first of course, affidavit of support etc

Good luck 

Does this Apply to CR-1/IR-1 visas or just to K-1?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kris and Crystal said:

No I don't believe it does with a k-1 visa the beneficiary books there own interview date and time and pays there fees .  I believe you will be assigned a date and time and be informed by NVC when to attend how to pay your fees, along with the documents required, which are the same as a k-1, with the exception of your marriage certificate, and be requested to fill out and complete the DS-260.

But @Wuozopo will be in a better place to inform you, this is not a subject I'm well versed in, and what I know of CR-1 has just been picked up from reading on these boards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kris and Crystal said:

It does not apply to CR1/IR1. ConnerS is correct (above). NVC will be orchestrating all your processing and will inform you of the interview date they select for you. The NVC forum will give you the best guidance for this part.

• 9 months later...
32 minutes ago, Lesly Miller said:

How long to wait before the interview?

For a student visa or a k1 visa your book the appointment on your own - once the consulates reopen.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

27 minutes ago, Bluedream said:

Yes

I thought so. Correctly. Now there are so many good writing services that are ready to fulfill your every request. I always use essay writing service. It will be cool if they write an autobiography for me, because now I am also preparing for an interview where I need to write an essay about myself.

Edited by Emily Rose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.