Howins

London embassy K1 visa interview - checklist

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I've got my interview scheduled for Monday and, predictably, I'm an anxious mess.

I've been through the required documents list on the London embassy website multiple times, and I just wanted to run through my checklist here so I've got a second (third, fourth...) pair of eyes on it:

• Passport
  • Four US passport style photos
  • Certified copy of my long form birth certificate (and photocopy)
  • ACRO police report (and photocopy)
  • I-134 with wet signature (and  photocopy)
  • Supporting evidence for I-134; petitioner's 2018 tax return (federal and state), two recent payslips; a letter from his bank confirming its balance and total deposits from the last year; letter from employer confirming wage and full time employment status
  • Print out of payment/confirmation of embassy appointment and courier page
  • Print out of DS-160 confirmation

I do also have copies of our I-129F, NOA2, receipt for my medical and evidence of our ongoing relationship, but from what I can tell, none of this is needed for London.

Have I missed anything from my list? Thanks so much.

Edited by Howins

5 minutes ago, ellieflo said:

is a wet sigature necessary for the interview? ive had people tell me a copy is okay :( i hope so as my interview is tomorrow!!

When I went through the process it had to be a wet signature. I would imagine it is still the same but can't confirm.

I have been through the K1 Visa process twice. My first journey began in 2006 & I surrendered my Green Card prior to filling the I-751

*My timeline shows my Visa Journey second time around*

N400 - Citizenship - Santa Ana CA

15/07/2018: Filed online

24/07/2018: NOA

09/08/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

19/07/2019: Interview - APPROVED

22/08/2019: Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY COMPLETE. OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

**I was eligible to apply for citizenship in 2014,  I just hadn’t done so**

DS-11 - Application for Passport

27/08/2019: Submitted application through USPS

Member Reviews: None Found

39 minutes ago, Howins said:

So, I've got my interview scheduled for Monday and, predictably, I'm an anxious mess.

I've been through the required documents list on the London embassy website multiple times, and I just wanted to run through my checklist here so I've got a second (third, fourth...) pair of eyes on it:

• Passport
  • Supporting evidence for I-134; petitioner's 2018 tax return (federal and state), two recent payslips; a letter from his bank confirming its balance and total deposits from the last year; letter from employer confirming wage and full time employment status

I do also have copies of our I-129F, NOA2, receipt for my medical and evidence of our ongoing relationship, but from what I can tell, none of this is needed for London.

I took with my photos, wore my engagement ring etc to back up my relationship. They briefly asked and scanned through but I know others they didn't even ask. Don't stress about it but if you have a couple of things you can take it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I have been through the K1 Visa process twice. My first journey began in 2006 & I surrendered my Green Card prior to filling the I-751

*My timeline shows my Visa Journey second time around*

N400 - Citizenship - Santa Ana CA

15/07/2018: Filed online

24/07/2018: NOA

09/08/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

19/07/2019: Interview - APPROVED

22/08/2019: Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY COMPLETE. OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

**I was eligible to apply for citizenship in 2014,  I just hadn’t done so**

DS-11 - Application for Passport

27/08/2019: Submitted application through USPS

Member Reviews: None Found

Timeline
1 hour ago, LisaUK said:

I took with my photos, wore my engagement ring etc to back up my relationship. They briefly asked and scanned through but I know others they didn't even ask. Don't stress about it but if you have a couple of things you can take it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thank you! I've got my engagement ring and a few screenshots of our WhatsApp conversations, as well as a couple of pictures of us (although we sent most of the photos of us together with the original application an have only seen each other once since then!)

Timeline
1 hour ago, ellieflo said:

is a wet sigature necessary for the interview? ive had people tell me a copy is okay :( i hope so as my interview is tomorrow!!

I'm really not 100% sure so I don't want to give you any misinformation, but I have also seen that a copy of the I-134 is acceptable. I had my fiance send me an original with a wet signature just in case because I'm a worrier and it was the only way to shut me up!

Edited by Howins

2 hours ago, Howins said:

• Passport

Do you need to take a photocopy of the i134, birth certificate and police certificate?

1 hour ago, Oaftobark said:

Do you need to take a photocopy of the i134, birth certificate and police certificate?

I don't believe you're required to have a photocopy for the interview, but it doesn't hurt to carry a copy in your document folder and also one to keep at home. Always a good habit to have during this process! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In reality, based on reading this UK forum forever 

• Passport. valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry into the US;
  • Four US passport style photos ONE which they scan and give back
  • Certified copy of my long form birth certificate  NO to photocopy 
  • ACRO police report  NO to photocopy 
  • I-134 with wet signature NO to photocopy 
  •  Supporting evidence for I-134; petitioner's 2018 tax return (federal and NO state), two recent payslips; a letter from his bank confirming its balance and total deposits from the last year; letter from employer confirming wage and full time employment status Way more than needed.

They haven't wanted photocopies of anything for 18-24 months.

Wet signature is always a best practice so good for you, but they have accepted scans of late. 

They won't need to see your NOA2, but you need it for AOS. You wouldn't have gotten an interview if they didn't already know you had an approved petition.

They don't need to know you paid for your medical.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

In reality, based on reading this UK forum forever 

• Passport. valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry into the US;
  • Four US passport style photos ONE which they scan and give back
  • Certified copy of my long form birth certificate  NO to photocopy 
  • ACRO police report  NO to photocopy 
  • I-134 with wet signature NO to photocopy 
  •  Supporting evidence for I-134; petitioner's 2018 tax return (federal and NO state), two recent payslips; a letter from his bank confirming its balance and total deposits from the last year; letter from employer confirming wage and full time employment status Way more than needed.

They haven't wanted photocopies of anything for 18-24 months.

Wet signature is always a best practice so good for you, but they have accepted scans of late. 

They won't need to see your NOA2, but you need it for AOS. You wouldn't have gotten an interview if they didn't already know you had an approved petition.

They don't need to know you paid for your medical.

They literally just ask for what's on this list, no supporting evidences of an on going relationship what so ever, and no wet signature is required copies are acceptable.

If you have been previously married they will also ask for your divorce decree.

I also took 4 passport photos down and came back with 3 of them 😂

Edited by ConnorS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Howins said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, everyone. I really appreciate it. Think I'm just about ready!

Take what you feel like you want to take. The comments about what they really want are just to let you know it's a bit easier than you are envisioning. You should feel well prepared instead of nervous that you need to find more to bring. You got this. 

Forgot to mention: on my interview confirmation email, it says to bring any previous passports, especially those showing previous visas or previous trips to the US. Though from what I've read everywhere else it hasn't been mentioned. I doubt it's a real necessity, but I have my old passport anyway so thought I may as well take it with everything else. If I get probed about details of previous trips it could be useful to have on hand. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Take what you feel like you want to take. The comments about what they really want are just to let you know it's a bit easier than you are envisioning. You should feel well prepared instead of nervous that you need to find more to bring. You got this. 

Thank you -- I know I'm overthinking everything. I just cannot wait until this whole process is over!

... and we have to start the AOS process.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

Forgot to mention: on my interview confirmation email, it says to bring any previous passports, especially those showing previous visas or previous trips to the US. Though from what I've read everywhere else it hasn't been mentioned. I doubt it's a real necessity, but I have my old passport anyway so thought I may as well take it with everything else. If I get probed about details of previous trips it could be useful to have on hand. 

Crikey -- I have no idea where any of my previous passports are. I last renewed mine in 2016, which definitely has previous trips to the States on it.  I'll have a hunt this week but I have a horrid feeling it's long since disappeared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.