Jump to content
Debzib88

Our co sponsor is retired

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

As some of you know I had my interview at London and they kept my passport. I was told that was a positive thing,  The only thing holding us up is we need a co sponsor, my husband earns enough but he hasn't had the job very long and the last couple years he was in another job and didn't earn as much as he does now.  The officer was nice, told me to upload the co sponsors documents and then email them so they can review. He gave me a visa receipt which shows me how I can track my visa and how long processing takes. I asked him and he said it's fine that my husbands grandad is a retired veteran. He doesn't file tax returns. He doesn't have too he said he is a special case. So does anybody know What we send as proof. 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Award letters from the defense department and/or Veterans Administration.......recently dated.

Edited by missileman

                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Debzib88 said:

As some of you know I had my interview at London and they kept my passport. I was told that was a positive thing,  The only thing holding us up is we need a co sponsor, my husband earns enough but he hasn't had the job very long and the last couple years he was in another job and didn't earn as much as he does now.  The officer was nice, told me to upload the co sponsors documents and then email them so they can review. He gave me a visa receipt which shows me how I can track my visa and how long processing takes. I asked him and he said it's fine that my husbands grandad is a retired veteran. He doesn't file tax returns. He doesn't have too he said he is a special case. So does anybody know What we send as proof. 

Thank you. 

 

An I-864 requires 1) a tax return OR 2) a signed statement of why the sponsor was not required to file a return. Granddad needs to provide #2 attached to the form in lieu of the tax return. 

 

I can be as simple as --

 

STATEMENT OF NO TAX RETURNS

 

My income is largely disability benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The IRS does not tax such VA benefits, therefore my taxable income is below the required level for filing an income tax return. I have included a copy of my benefit compensation from the Deartment of Veterans Affairs to show my annual income.

 

[signature]

Type name and date

 

i am just guessing that he gets disability payments because those are nontaxable. Check with him. 

 

 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

 

An I-864 requires 1) a tax return OR 2) a signed statement of why the sponsor was not required to file a return. Granddad needs to provide #2 attached to the form in lieu of the tax return. 

 

I can be as simple as --

 

STATEMENT OF NO TAX RETURNS

 

My income is largely disability benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The IRS does not tax such VA benefits, therefore my taxable income is below the required level for filing an income tax return. I have included a copy of my benefit compensation from the Deartment of Veterans Affairs to show my annual income.

 

[signature]

Type name and date

 

i am just guessing that he gets disability payments because those are nontaxable. Check with him. 

 

 

Thank you for your help, Yeah he is on disability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much easier to use a more clearly approvable joint sponsor.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Much easier to use a more clearly approvable joint sponsor.

Oh really, so would he not be good enough? The consular officer seemed to be happy enough when I asked him at the end of my interview Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

The only thing holding us up is we need a co sponsor, my husband earns enough but he hasn't had the job very long and the last couple years he was in another job and didn't earn as much as he does now.

What did you take to document his current income? How many months of pay slips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What did you take to document his current income? How many months of pay slips?

The last 3 years his wages have fluctuated. And there was a 4 month gap out of work due to him coming over to the uk. He had only just started this new job when we had to submit our financial documents so only one weeks wage slip. But he makes enough to sponsor up to 10 people now. But obviously I know one week won't show that lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

25 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What did you take to document his current income? How many months of pay slips?

He has 2 months worth now. Could we submit them aswel so the officer can see his been receiving over the poverty amount? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What did you take to document his current income? How many months of pay slips?

In the 2 months worth of wage slips it will show he has earned around $8000 so would it make a difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Debzib88 said:

In the 2 months worth of wage slips it will show he has earned around $8000 so would it make a difference?

Did you submit an employer letter stating his salary? How much he earns per month or per hour? How many hours he works per week?

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Did you submit an employer letter stating his salary? How much he earns per month or per hour? How many hours he works per week?

He didn't get a letter from his employer he just uploaded a wage slip that said how many hours he worked etc and what he was paid.  But his first week wage was only $520.75. But now the other 7 are all over $1000 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

He didn't get a letter from his employer he just uploaded a wage slip that said how many hours he worked etc and what he was paid.  But his first week wage was only $520.75. But now the other 7 are all over $1000 

Well you should have taken an employer letter and all the wage slips to the interview and it might have ended differently. At this point the consulate officer is expecting a joint sponsor for you so you probably better carry on with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Well you should have taken an employer letter and all the wage slips to the interview and it might have ended differently. At this point the consulate officer is expecting a joint sponsor for you so you probably better carry on with that. 

To be completely honest we didn't realise. And it's now we realise we should have done just that. But We learn from mistakes, We are going ahead with our joint sponsor as requested. My husbands grandad is filling out the form as I'm typing this message, But we thought it couldn't hurt to provide more evidence of income from my husband too. And if lucky maybe the officer would Re consider on the basis of proof of actual income from him lol we are aware they will more then likely still ask for a joint sponsor. But there's no harm in trying..  right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...