Jump to content
redfeather

When you go to Embassy interview in Manila?

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Question?  When your gf goes to her interview at the Embassy in Manila does she have to have her Secfa/Cenomar?  If she has been married and divorced from a foreigner in the USA, and she has her certified USA divorce decree does she still need a Secfa/Cenomar??  My gf is wondering if she still will have to show these documents before she can attend her Embassy interview??  I am telling her that I do not think she has to show these documents because she has her USA divorce decree already??  Can someone who has knowledge of this topic please give me feedback??  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***Topic moved to Philippines regional discussion area***


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, redfeather said:

Question?  When your gf goes to her interview at the Embassy in Manila does she have to have her Secfa/Cenomar?  If she has been married and divorced from a foreigner in the USA, and she has her certified USA divorce decree does she still need a Secfa/Cenomar??  My gf is wondering if she still will have to show these documents before she can attend her Embassy interview??  I am telling her that I do not think she has to show these documents because she has her USA divorce decree already??  Can someone who has knowledge of this topic please give me feedback??  Thanks in advance.

Yes she must have the CENOMAR/CEMAR, it is a required document .. previously married or not.

 

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html  < K-1 process is listed about halfway down the page.   Link to embassy checklist and requirements is under the last tab

 

 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy  : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hank,

If you have a Cenmar and a USA Divorce decree will these be acceptable?

This is what I am trying to find out?

My gf has put the paperwork forward to get her Cenomar, but as slow as the Philippines is...this could take months.

So, I am trying to figure out if she only has in her possession her Cenmar and USA divorce decree will this be acceptable??

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank,

If you have a Cenmar and a USA Divorce decree will these be acceptable?

This is what I am trying to find out?

My gf has put the paperwork forward to get her Cenomar, but as slow as the Philippines is...this could take months.

So, I am trying to figure out if she only has in her possession her Cenmar and USA divorce decree will this be acceptable??

Thanks in advance.

Yup.   USA accepts divorces.   She is married in the Philippines but free to many anywhere else in the world.    I know of many .. and I do mean MANY that have gotten their K-1 visa with the same situation.

 

CENOMAR shouldn't take months or even weeks to get from PSA.

 

 

(Now I will add this .. a month or two back a couple got tangled with a CO (which I believe is a new CO) that thought the visa applicant needed to get the divorce recognized in the Philippines .. which is total BS ..  I posted some suggestions on this but they never came back to post again so not sure if they were able to get this straightened out)   <<  Hopefully you will get any CO except that idiot.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy  : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife got her CENOMAR the same day....


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 12:19 PM, redfeather said:

Hank,

If you have a Cenmar and a USA Divorce decree will these be acceptable?

This is what I am trying to find out?

My gf has put the paperwork forward to get her Cenomar, but as slow as the Philippines is...this could take months.

So, I am trying to figure out if she only has in her possession her Cenmar and USA divorce decree will this be acceptable??

Thanks in advance.

Hi, is the divorce annotated on the CENOMAR? It has to be recognized by the Philippines government 1st. That takes a longgggg time and a lot of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nowhere said:

It has to be recognized by the Philippines government 1st.

Not if it was foreign marriage / divorce like what @Hank_ said. 

 

Ans Yes you can get it the same day.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Not if it was foreign marriage / divorce like what @Hank_ said. 

 

Ans Yes you can get it the same day.

Did I misunderstand it? She's a filipina married to an American before. Divorce obtained in the USA. It has to be annotaed on the CENOMAR. I know from personal experience as my CENOMAR has a marriage on it from 33 &%$king years ago and prevented me from getting married in Manila last year. And I had certified divorce papers with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nowhere said:

Hi, is the divorce annotated on the CENOMAR? It has to be recognized by the Philippines government 1st. That takes a longgggg time and a lot of money. 

 

2 hours ago, nowhere said:

Did I misunderstand it? She's a filipina married to an American before. Divorce obtained in the USA. It has to be annotaed on the CENOMAR. I know from personal experience as my CENOMAR has a marriage on it from 33 &%$king years ago and prevented me from getting married in Manila last year. And I had certified divorce papers with me. 

You DO NOT need the divorce decree recognized by the Philippine government for the U.S. visa process .... CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage) does not need a notation for the U.S. visa process  .. you do need to provide a copy of the divorce decree (in English) at the time of the interview at the U.S. embassy.

 

You can NOT get married in the Philippines - true,  but then with a K-1 you get married in the USA where divorce decrees are accepted without issue.

 

Don't overthink things.

 

Never DO-DO when DO will DO.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy  : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

 

You DO NOT need the divorce decree recognized by the Philippine government for the U.S. visa process .... CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage) does not need a notation for the U.S. visa process  .. you do need to provide a copy of the divorce decree (in English) at the time of the interview at the U.S. embassy.

 

You can NOT get married in the Philippines - true,  but then with a K-1 you get married in the USA where divorce decrees are accepted without issue.

 

Don't overthink things.

 

Never DO-DO when DO will DO.

Ah ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, redfeather said:

Hank,

If you have a Cenmar and a USA Divorce decree will these be acceptable?

This is what I am trying to find out?

My gf has put the paperwork forward to get her Cenomar, but as slow as the Philippines is...this could take months.

So, I am trying to figure out if she only has in her possession her Cenmar and USA divorce decree will this be acceptable??

Thanks in advance.

She can go to PSA and get a Cenomar (or Cemar) the same day. My wife did it twice. Once before her CFO and once before her interview in Manila. We wanted to make sure we had a "fresh" one.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...