Dawn&Igor

Seattle office - Rescheduling AOS interview worth it?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

I got into a funny situation. Got to the US with K1, applied for AOS in Pennsylvania, went to biometrics there and moved to Washington . Changed my address with USCIS and got confirmation both in email and in new physical address in Seattle. Changed address again (different apartment in the same building) and got another confirmation - again both in mail and email. 5-6 Weeks after that I saw an email that my interview was scheduled, hooray. A couple days ago my sister in law sends me a screenshot of my interview appointment notice - delivered to Pennsylvania, scheduled in Buffalo. Thank you USCIS you've OUTDONE yourself. Again. Called their support line, asked about rescheduling and they were not able to tell me when is the next available date for interview in Seattle and there's no way how I or they can contact that office. Based on what I read online the rescheduling usually takes 1-3 months. 

The question - suck it up, pay 1300$+ for flights and hotel for my wife, make take PTO just because of USCIS fault and possible be done with this hell of a process ... or risk waiting another x months stuck in limbo?

Anyone having an interview / knowing anything about Seattle office dates?

We are also adjusting from a K1 visa in the Seattle office. Our case is at “ready to be scheduled for interview” for the last 276 days. Estimated processing time is currently at 11-25 months for family based adjustment applications. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Woodrow said:

We are also adjusting from a K1 visa in the Seattle office. Our case is at “ready to be scheduled for interview” for the last 276 days. Estimated processing time is currently at 11-25 months for family based adjustment applications. 

Thanks for letting me know. Confirms the idea to keep the original date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, Dawn&Igor said:

I got into a funny situation. Got to the US with K1, applied for AOS in Pennsylvania, went to biometrics there and moved to Washington . Changed my address with USCIS and got confirmation both in email and in new physical address in Seattle. Changed address again (different apartment in the same building) and got another confirmation - again both in mail and email. 5-6 Weeks after that I saw an email that my interview was scheduled, hooray. A couple days ago my sister in law sends me a screenshot of my interview appointment notice - delivered to Pennsylvania, scheduled in Buffalo. Thank you USCIS you've OUTDONE yourself. Again. Called their support line, asked about rescheduling and they were not able to tell me when is the next available date for interview in Seattle and there's no way how I or they can contact that office. Based on what I read online the rescheduling usually takes 1-3 months. 

The question - suck it up, pay 1300$+ for flights and hotel for my wife, make take PTO just because of USCIS fault and possible be done with this hell of a process ... or risk waiting another x months stuck in limbo?

Hello, please I have a 2 questions. 1. Does this mean you’re having your interview in Buffalo NY? 2. Did your case ever change from fingerprints fee received and how long did it change to ready to be scheduled? I’m asking because I’ve filed since March 6 and had biometrics since April 18 and no updates so far. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Pittsburgfiler said:

Hello, please I have a 2 questions. 1. Does this mean you’re having your interview in Buffalo NY? 2. Did your case ever change from fingerprints fee received and how long did it change to ready to be scheduled? I’m asking because I’ve filed since March 6 and had biometrics since April 18 and no updates so far. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, 

1. Yes, I have the interview in Buffalo, NY. The reason is because it was the closest USCIS office to me and I also had biometrics there. I am (was) located 2 hours north of Pittsburgh.

2. Check my timeline, I filed in Feb and had biometrics in March and it changed to interview scheduled only at the end of June.

Good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Dawn&Igor said:

Hi, 

1. Yes, I have the interview in Buffalo, NY. The reason is because it was the closest USCIS office to me and I also had biometrics there. I am (was) located 2 hours north of Pittsburgh.

2. Check my timeline, I filed in Feb and had biometrics in March and it changed to interview scheduled only at the end of June.

Good luck

Okay thanks and I wish you success in your interview

• 3 years later...
On 7/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, Dawn&Igor said:

Did you end up getting it changed to the local office? Or did you have to fly back, get a hotel and all of that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.