Mounir Ali

Being unemplyed ( i130)

63 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And btw, many people with learning disabilities are able (and willing) to work.

Indeed! Particularly in stores. In the store where we shop the packing and carrying out is often done by a young man with Down Syndrome, for example. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

6 minutes ago, Alex2019 said:

I understand so you talked abouy job offer ... how can i get a job offer and will it help the financial situation ?

No.  Only current US-based income can be considered.

2 minutes ago, Alex2019 said:

My wife is anemic too . She is my wife and i know what i'm talking about !!

Sorry to hear, but anemia does not preclude people from working.

22 minutes ago, Alex2019 said:

I understand so you talked abouy job offer ... how can i get a job offer and will it help the financial situation ?

Your ability to work is a positive factor overall in the determination for public charge, but it doesn't meet the requirements for the I-864 nor completely alleviate the concern.

The CO will evaluate the totality of her circumstances, along with that of any joint sponsor presented. From that, they will make a public charge determination. Nobody other than the CO can know the result of that decision beforehand, although you and your spouse know your circumstances better than anybody so you can probably already have an idea if your case makes sense or not.

A job offer is not a job...the US government does not rely on you getting a job or maintaining a job - it needs an assurance in case you don't (or can't...if something happens to you) work.

Edit: Also see this section of the FAM for some more info: https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030208.html#M302_8_2_B_2

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

13 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No.  Only current US-based income can be considered.

18 minutes ago, JFH said:

Indeed! Particularly in stores. In the store where we shop the packing and carrying out is often done by a young man with Down Syndrome, for example. 

I didnt ask if my wife can work or not ! If she was working i wouldnt ask about anything  ! asked about ways to strentgh our financial state 

1 minute ago, Alex2019 said:

I didnt ask if my wife can work or not ! If she was working i wouldnt ask about anything  ! asked about ways to strentgh our financial state 

Yes, and you are receiving answers about how you'll have an uphill battle with the overall financial picture with a non-working USC petitioner.  By all means, let us know how it works out for you.

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Your ability to work is a positive factor overall in the determination for public charge, but it doesn't meet the requirements for the I-864 nor completely alleviate the concern.

The CO will evaluate the totality of her circumstances, along with that of any joint sponsor presented. From that, they will make a public charge determination. Nobody other than the CO can know the result of that decision beforehand, although you and your spouse know your circumstances better than anybody so you can probably already have an idea if your case makes sense or not.

A job offer is not a job...the US government does not rely on you getting a job or maintaining a job - it needs an assurance in case you don't (or can't...if something happens to you) work.

Edit: Also see this section of the FAM for some more info: https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030208.html#M302_8_2_B_2

Thank you very much . This was the best and smartest answer !! Thanks again 

I guess you communicate a lot online? Do you spend all day emailing or messaging each other back and forth? Video chatting? Skyping? I sit at a desk using a computer all day. The most strenuous thing I have to do is walk to the printer to pick up what I have printed. I think most people would be able to do a job like that, even if it’s just part time. Especially if they have no problems using a phone or computer to communicate with a loved one all day. 

We are not saying your wife has to get a job. We are not divorced so we don’t know her capabilities. However you asked for help to improve your final situation and one of the best ways to increase your income is to work. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

19 hours ago, JFH said:

I guess you communicate a lot online? Do you spend all day emailing or messaging each other back and forth? Video chatting? Skyping? I sit at a desk using a computer all day. The most strenuous thing I have to do is walk to the printer to pick up what I have printed. I think most people would be able to do a job like that, even if it’s just part time. Especially if they have no problems using a phone or computer to communicate with a loved one all day. 

We are not saying your wife has to get a job. We are not divorced so we don’t know her capabilities. However you asked for help to improve your final situation and one of the best ways to increase your income is to work. 

I said in the begining she " CAN'T " work  it means she can't .. like you said her working is one of the ways and i wanted to know the other ways but i dont know why you were just talking about her working even i said she can't it's like you don't believe me . 

- I dont get a lot of people used just co sposnor   ( spouse not working )and they got their visa approved 

- i also dont understand the fact for them asking for a co sponsor if they will always look at the spouse sponsor ( whats the point  of co sponsor ) 

20 hours ago, geowrian said:

So there is no point of getting a job offer ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.