truherna

Interview scheduled in a different county

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone. I filed my N-400 back in 1/16/19, today I finally received a date for my interview 😅 I live in OC California and I thought I was going to have to go to the Santa Ana office but my letter shows my appointment interview in San Bernardino.  Could this be a mistake?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GyC said:

It most likely is that Santa Ana is backed up more than others, so they send off to San Bernardino for relief. Happens a lot.

Oh ok that makes me feel better. Thank you for your reply 🙏

10 hours ago, truherna said:

Hello everyone. I filed my N-400 back in 1/16/19, today I finally received a date for my interview 😅 I live in OC California and I thought I was going to have to go to the Santa Ana office but my letter shows my appointment interview in San Bernardino.  Could this be a mistake?

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

12 minutes ago, NewKid said:

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.

Someone did post that they use a LIFO policy - which is bs.

3 minutes ago, VisaV said:

Yeah, if that's the case then why even bother giving us estimates. USCIS is just infuriating in general. vent over

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

2 hours ago, NewKid said:

I share your absolute frustration. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, NewKid said:

I am so sorry, I really thought it was a first come first serve.

15 hours ago, VisaV said:

What is LIFO?

12 minutes ago, truherna said:

I am so sorry, I really thought it was a first come first serve.

What is LIFO?

No need to apologize, it’s not you who schedule(d) the interview(s) It is just extremely frustrating when it looks like USCIS just randomly decides who gets interviews when without any consideration of who has waited “inline” longest.

good luck with your interview. 

If you could create a timeline for your process it would be of great help to the community. 

Let us know how it goes up in SB. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NewKid said:

No need to apologize, it’s not you who schedule(d) the interview(s) It is just extremely frustrating when it looks like USCIS just randomly decides who gets interviews when without any consideration of who has waited “inline” longest.

If you could create a timeline for your process it would be of great help to the community. 

I understand, my mom waited close to 2 years for her interview, she was very surprised at how quick and smooth my process has been. Thank you for you best wishes, I will definitely post my timeline in a bit. Is there an open thread for that? 

44 minutes ago, NewKid said:

Also completely insane is the fact that waiting times for interviews vary so drastically from one field office to the next. How such an unfair and unjust system of disparities was ever allowed to develop is beyond my comprehension but then again that's assuming such principles matter and apparently they don't. Why, with all other factors being equal, Person A in a District A waits 3 months while Person B in District B waits 15 months is an ongoing source of frustration for those of us stuck in areas where nothing happens for about 1 year plus after submission. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, N400NYC said:

Also completely insane is the fact that waiting times for interviews vary so drastically from one field office to the next. How such an unfair and unjust system of disparities was ever allowed to develop is beyond my comprehension but then again that's assuming such principles matter and apparently they don't. Why, with all other factors being equal, Person A in a District A waits 3 months while Person B in District B waits 15 months is an ongoing source of frustration for those of us stuck in areas where nothing happens for about 1 year plus after submission. 

Couldn't agree more, in retrospect, this could be part of the redistributing of case loads, which is all fine and dandy, but one would think that Person B would then get the benefit of being afforded the route of least resistance. But we are mere mortals so why should we be privy to such necessary information.. ( sarcasm)

Anyways, I think I have done enough USCIS for the week. rather not get my blood pressure up this early in the week. 

And @N400NYC, may the odds be ever in your favor.

@truherna, no need  to add to the thread, just under your profile create a timeline, this ensures that the whole community has access to it, and also helps the estimated dates on the forum be more accurate, ( for example,  to the left of the page under each of the usernames, you will see that there is a timeline hyperlink that provides information regarding when each user submitted what)

Newkid, over and out

@truherna out of curiosity, could you give us an idea of your timeline such as:

Date Filed:

Bio Date:

Interview Date:

Just so we can see how far out they are scheduling now. last one I saw was somewhere in August.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.