Jump to content
truherna

Interview scheduled in a different county

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. I filed my N-400 back in 1/16/19, today I finally received a date for my interview 😅 I live in OC California and I thought I was going to have to go to the Santa Ana office but my letter shows my appointment interview in San Bernardino.  Could this be a mistake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, truherna said:

Hello everyone. I filed my N-400 back in 1/16/19, today I finally received a date for my interview 😅 I live in OC California and I thought I was going to have to go to the Santa Ana office but my letter shows my appointment interview in San Bernardino.  Could this be a mistake?

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.


applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

 

LOCAL OFFICE: SANTA ANA, CA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NewKid said:

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.

Someone did post that they use a LIFO policy - which is bs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VisaV said:

Someone did post that they use a LIFO policy - which is bs.

Yeah, if that's the case then why even bother giving us estimates. USCIS is just infuriating in general. vent over


applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

 

LOCAL OFFICE: SANTA ANA, CA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewKid said:

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.

I share your absolute frustration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NewKid said:

See, this I don't understand, I and numerous others applied way before you, ( my case November 7th) which would also be at Santa Ana Office, and none of us have heard anything about any interviews.  I don't understand how USCIS decides who gets interviews first, as it sure as hell isn't first come first serve.

I am so sorry, I really thought it was a first come first serve.

15 hours ago, VisaV said:

Someone did post that they use a LIFO policy - which is bs.

What is LIFO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, truherna said:

I am so sorry, I really thought it was a first come first serve.

What is LIFO?

No need to apologize, it’s not you who schedule(d) the interview(s) It is just extremely frustrating when it looks like USCIS just randomly decides who gets interviews when without any consideration of who has waited “inline” longest.

 

good luck with your interview. 

If you could create a timeline for your process it would be of great help to the community. 

 

Let us know how it goes up in SB. 

 

 


applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

 

LOCAL OFFICE: SANTA ANA, CA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NewKid said:

No need to apologize, it’s not you who schedule(d) the interview(s) It is just extremely frustrating when it looks like USCIS just randomly decides who gets interviews when without any consideration of who has waited “inline” longest.

 

good luck with your interview. 

If you could create a timeline for your process it would be of great help to the community. 

 

Let us know how it goes up in SB. 

 

 

I understand, my mom waited close to 2 years for her interview, she was very surprised at how quick and smooth my process has been. Thank you for you best wishes, I will definitely post my timeline in a bit. Is there an open thread for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NewKid said:

No need to apologize, it’s not you who schedule(d) the interview(s) It is just extremely frustrating when it looks like USCIS just randomly decides who gets interviews when without any consideration of who has waited “inline” longest.

 

good luck with your interview. 

If you could create a timeline for your process it would be of great help to the community. 

 

Let us know how it goes up in SB. 

 

 

Also completely insane is the fact that waiting times for interviews vary so drastically from one field office to the next. How such an unfair and unjust system of disparities was ever allowed to develop is beyond my comprehension but then again that's assuming such principles matter and apparently they don't. Why, with all other factors being equal, Person A in a District A waits 3 months while Person B in District B waits 15 months is an ongoing source of frustration for those of us stuck in areas where nothing happens for about 1 year plus after submission. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, N400NYC said:

Also completely insane is the fact that waiting times for interviews vary so drastically from one field office to the next. How such an unfair and unjust system of disparities was ever allowed to develop is beyond my comprehension but then again that's assuming such principles matter and apparently they don't. Why, with all other factors being equal, Person A in a District A waits 3 months while Person B in District B waits 15 months is an ongoing source of frustration for those of us stuck in areas where nothing happens for about 1 year plus after submission. 

Couldn't agree more, in retrospect, this could be part of the redistributing of case loads, which is all fine and dandy, but one would think that Person B would then get the benefit of being afforded the route of least resistance. But we are mere mortals so why should we be privy to such necessary information.. ( sarcasm)

 

Anyways, I think I have done enough USCIS for the week. rather not get my blood pressure up this early in the week. 

 

And @N400NYC, may the odds be ever in your favor.

 

@truherna, no need  to add to the thread, just under your profile create a timeline, this ensures that the whole community has access to it, and also helps the estimated dates on the forum be more accurate, ( for example,  to the left of the page under each of the usernames, you will see that there is a timeline hyperlink that provides information regarding when each user submitted what)

 

Newkid, over and out

 


applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

 

LOCAL OFFICE: SANTA ANA, CA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@truherna out of curiosity, could you give us an idea of your timeline such as:

 

Date Filed:

Bio Date:

Interview Date:

 

Just so we can see how far out they are scheduling now. last one I saw was somewhere in August.

Thank you


applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

 

LOCAL OFFICE: SANTA ANA, CA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...