C&AH

I-797 Stepkids Petitions. Worried. Please Help!

10 posts in this topic

We really need your help tonight.  I, the US. citizen petitioner, sent I-130 petitions for my three stepchildren to the Chicago Lockbox. I placed each petition in a separate manila envelope clearly marked on the outside Petitioner: my name, Beneficiary: name. The three separate envelopes were sent in one larger envelope to ensure that case numbers are sequenced. I sent paper petitions with money orders attached to each petition.  The forms were completed correctly.

We received the I-797 for each case (three separate case numbers sequenced, like we hoped). The crazy thing is that all of the I-797 notifications do not have beneficiary names but my name (the petitioner) as the "applicant" and addressed to my name in care of my name.

Also, I don't understand why they were assigned IOE numbers since I  paid with a money order/paper filed not electronic files. 

I called USCIS and she said it is strange that beneficiary names aren't on the receipts and said the error was on the part of USCIS because if it was on our part then the petition would have been rejected. She said I need to call back tomorrow when I can be transferred to a higher department. 

I am calling tomorrow but I am totally confused about this. I am also worried that she wasn't informed enough to answer. The receipts are dates July 8 and the USCIS case tracker says the cases are at the Integrates Env Operating location. Please help.

IOE? (when I paper filed)

My name as "applicant" on the I-797? (On all three receipts?)

Edited by C&AH

11 minutes ago, C&AH said:

I read somewhere in this forum that there is a USCIS pilot program where you get this IOE and it’s supposed to be faster time to approval and the data is transferred electronically to the NVC, make it a well, modern”-ish”process, vs the good ol’ all paper-based process like in the 1920s when the Irish came over.

16 minutes ago, C&AH said:

I have absolutely no idea. If you call USCIS and give them the receipt number and ask them to tell you the beneficiary’s name, what would they say?

13 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

I read somewhere in this forum that there is a USCIS pilot program where you get this IOE and it’s supposed to be faster time to approval and the data is transferred electronically to the NVC, make it a well, modern”-ish”process, vs the good ol’ all paper-based process like in the 1920s when the Irish came over.

I have absolutely no idea. If you call USCIS and give them the receipt number and ask them to tell you the beneficiary’s name, what would they say?

The agent is saying that she cannot see a beneficiary's name from her end and transferred me to a higher department for a call back in five hours.

Correction on my last post: it is an I-797C listing my name as "applicant" with an Online Access Code. Notice Type: USCIS  Account Access Notice.

Edited by C&AH

4 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

So did they call back in five hours?

I just spoke with them this morning.  Last night they said it was too late to be transferred.  I'm waiting now.

1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Good deal. Do update later. 

Will do! If it is something new, I'll do a general posting for information for others that might get something similar. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, C&AH said:

We really need your help tonight.  I, the US. citizen petitioner, sent I-130 petitions for my three stepchildren to the Chicago Lockbox. I placed each petition in a separate manila envelope clearly marked on the outside Petitioner: my name, Beneficiary: name. The three separate envelopes were sent in one larger envelope to ensure that case numbers are sequenced. I sent paper petitions with money orders attached to each petition.  The forms were completed correctly.

We received the I-797 for each case (three separate case numbers sequenced, like we hoped). The crazy thing is that all of the I-797 notifications do not have beneficiary names but my name (the petitioner) as the "applicant" and addressed to my name in care of my name.

Also, I don't understand why they were assigned IOE numbers since I  paid with a money order/paper filed not electronic files. 

I called USCIS and she said it is strange that beneficiary names aren't on the receipts and said the error was on the part of USCIS because if it was on our part then the petition would have been rejected. She said I need to call back tomorrow when I can be transferred to a higher department. 

I am calling tomorrow but I am totally confused about this. I am also worried that she wasn't informed enough to answer. The receipts are dates July 8 and the USCIS case tracker says the cases are at the Integrates Env Operating location. Please help.

If I may ask. What are the documents you submitted initially with the form I-130. 
Am about to file for mine also. 
thanks 

06/24/2015 - Package received
06/29/2015 - fingerprint fee accepted.
06/30/2015 - Received text & e-confirmation of NOA. Case received & routed to USCIS National Benefits Center
07/06/2015 - NOA1 received.

07/13/2015 - Biometric letter arrived mail box. Date 07/24/2015

07/24/2015 - Biometric done. One month mark

08/29/2015 - EAD approved

09/03/2015 - EAD card mailed

09/04/2015 - EAD approval mail in mail box

09/08/2015 - EAD card received.

09/09/2015 - Applied for SSN.

09/15/2015 - Got my SSN in the mail

04/14/2015 - Update online: Your interview has been scheduled for 05/19

39 minutes ago, Toy said:

If I may ask. What are the documents you submitted initially with the form I-130. 
Am about to file for mine also. 
thanks 

There is a detailed set of instructions for the i130, you just need to follow them https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.