Begging2020

Can we use SSDI income and employment income (merged)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Begging2020 said:

well my concern is how to reflect the most recent tax return on the i864 form do I need to add the SSDI income plus the amount I make on my tax as my most recent tax turn cos the SSDI is not combine on the tax I file..

On the I-864, I put my total income which includes the total on my tax return plus my SSA income. It's all income, and it counts even though it's not taxable.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Begging2020 said:

Did you include all as ur most recent tax ..?or u only put the one on the tax returns..thank you

I included 2016, 2017, and 2018 tax transcripts. I'm not sure they are all necessary, but I wanted to show that my income has been consistently over the requirement. I've been nervous about the same thing you are and want to cover all bases. I really think my bank statements are going to help the most, because they show the money being deposited every month.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Begging2020 said:

Did u sum up what you make in 2018 plus SSDI income as your most recent or only the 2018 figures you put as ur most recent ..

For most recent I multiplied my SSA by 12 and worked out what I expect to earn this year at work using my current salary and amount of hours I expect to work.  To use the amount I earned in 2018 would not be accurate because my salary has increased (a little) in 2019. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Begging2020 said:

From what I Circle on the i864 form how did you report it part 6 # 24.a.? 

04FDF31B-9E9F-4B59-BA89-095D39AC8475.jpeg

In those spaces, I reported my income from 2016, 2017, and 2018.  2018, of course, is the most recent. The income I reported was my income from work, from investments, and my SSA. I understand, I think, that you are nervous because these totals won't add up to the total income on your tax forms. Are you aware that the Social Security total is actually on your 1040? It's item 5a, and even though it's not added as part of the gross income, it's still there where the adjudicator will be able to see it.  The reason I included bank statements and the benefits verication letter from Social Security is to support the fact that I do receive this income. Hopefully, it will be enough. It has to be. I have nothing else to send!

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline
1 minute ago, Begging2020 said:

Thank you  but I wasn’t aware that ssa is not added to the adjusted gross income cos is not consider as earn income from work now i see so I need to add it to the adjust gross income.

It's not added because it's usually not taxable. Yes, add it to your income for your I-864. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Begging2020 said:

Thank very much I was very confused on that part will add that to show how much I make in 2018 tax return as my most recent 

Best of luck! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Begging2020 said:

Same to you

Thank you!  I have just one more bit of advice. You can get copies of your tax transcripts from the IRS, and they are usually more acceptable than your 1040, because they show that you actually filed them. They are really easy to download from the IRS site and won't cost you anything. They will mail copies to you, if you would prefer that.  Go to:  https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript    Again, good luck and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Ontarkie changed the title to Can we use SSDI income and employment income (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three related threads merged to one. Please do not start more than one thread for the same or related questions~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.