RoaringMdog

Final preparations for the interview.

26 posts in this topic

So i'm going over my paperwork for my K1 interview for next week and just had a couple of questions. (Netherlands, Amsterdam consulate)

1. To go along with the Affidavit Of Support, i have Tax Returns(most recent year), a W2, paystubs from the last 3 months, a employment verification letter and my fiancee's payroll transcripts going back a few months. Will this be enough? Or am i maybe overdoing it a bit? 

2. When it comes to proof of relationship i have printouts of several plane tickets, updated letters of intent, about 40/50 pictures covering our 4 visits and about 10 pages of whatsapp screenshots that cover the time from when we filled to now. Is there anything i'm forgetting, or should this be plenty? 

Any tips or help would be very much appreciated! 

Unlikely you’ll need any evidence (not “proof”) of relationship at your consulate. You’ll likely find the whole event is a total anti-climax. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Maybe @Junhan can compare notes with you.

I have my interview in Amsterdam coming up too but I am CR1 and the checklist for that interview pretty long. But as stated before, I am very prepared to dragging all that paperwork there for nothing too 😄

Good luck! Veel succes 😉

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

5 minutes ago, RoaringMdog said:

I hope so. I'd rather be safe then sorry though since the instructions i got asked for it. 

Take a look at some recent reviews by K-1 applicants in the Netherlands. 

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Netherlands&page=2&dfilter=5&topic=K1 Visa

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

The AMS consulate checklist also mentions proof of your US petitioner’s status (copy of bio page in passport). I did not see that in your list.

DBBA268F-28AA-4974-9B31-8D3DD03529F3.jpeg

Edited by Daphne K

“It’s been 84 years…” 

7 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

The AMS consulate checklist also mentions proof of your US petitioner’s status (copy of bio page in passport). I did not see that in your list.

DBBA268F-28AA-4974-9B31-8D3DD03529F3.jpeg

Well dang. That's going to be an issue then, fiancee is in vegas till after the interview 😐 They should have really put that on the piece of paper with all the other stuff. 

5 minutes ago, RoaringMdog said:

Well dang. That's going to be an issue then, fiancee is in vegas till after the interview 😐 They should have really put that on the piece of paper with all the other stuff. 

If it's not on the checklist that you received, than you should be fine. Did you receive that from the consulate? Maybe the information on the website is not accurate anymore? 

If it will worry you, why don't you ask your fiancee to take a picture of their bio page and e-mail/text it to you so you can print it out? I am sorry, I did not mean to add any stress on top of all this.. I know how stressful it is already :)

Edited by Daphne K

“It’s been 84 years…” 

1 minute ago, Daphne K said:

If it's not on the checklist that you received, than you should be fine. Did you receive that from the consulate? Maybe the information on the website is not accurate anymore? 

Yeah, i just checked. This was a part of Packet 4, second page of the Appointment letter. It saya on the bottom that its a version from January 2018. Hopefully they dont need it, guess i'll find out soon enough. 

1 minute ago, RoaringMdog said:

Yeah, i just checked. This was a part of Packet 4, second page of the Appointment letter. It saya on the bottom that its a version from January 2018. Hopefully they dont need it, guess i'll find out soon enough. 

If it will worry you, why don't you ask your fiancee to take a picture of their bio page and e-mail/text it to you so you can print it out? I am sorry, I did not mean to add any stress on top of all this.. I know how stressful it is already :)

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Wouldn't the USC's proof of citizenship been sent with the petition?  And do you not have a copy of that?

I really doubt 40-50 snapshots is necessary for Netherlands.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, RoaringMdog said:

So i'm going over my paperwork for my K1 interview for next week and just had a couple of questions. (Netherlands, Amsterdam consulate)

1. To go along with the Affidavit Of Support, i have Tax Returns(most recent year), a W2, paystubs from the last 3 months, a employment verification letter and my fiancee's payroll transcripts going back a few months. Will this be enough? Or am i maybe overdoing it a bit? 

2. When it comes to proof of relationship i have printouts of several plane tickets, updated letters of intent, about 40/50 pictures covering our 4 visits and about 10 pages of whatsapp screenshots that cover the time from when we filled to now. Is there anything i'm forgetting, or should this be plenty? 

maybe get the tax transcripts for the last 3 years just to have in case questions come up. Otherwise, make sure the tax return you have is signed by the petitioner.

Looks like she'll be able to send me a scan of her passport after all, just incase. 

We only have one Tax return, which was already a pain to get since she own a business besides also having a normal job. So she has someone doing her taxed for her. Pretty sure that person signed for it, should be good right? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 7:51 PM, RoaringMdog said:

1. I have seriously exact some docs. 

2. I have skype convos, chat log and few pictures that we haven’t used ib the I129 form don’t have flight tickets since we haven’t seen each from the moment we filed the k1 form. But since he’s visiting next week I can maybe ### that flight ticket. 

When is is your interview? 

13 minutes ago, Junhan said:

1. I have seriously exact some docs. 

2. I have skype convos, chat log and few pictures that we haven’t used ib the I129 form don’t have flight tickets since we haven’t seen each from the moment we filed the k1 form. But since he’s visiting next week I can maybe ### that flight ticket. 

When is is your interview? 

Tomorrow at 1, gotta drop off documents at 11 though. Hopefully you're allowed to leave in between, wouldn't want to sit on a waiting room for over an hour in between the 2 things. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.