Jump to content
Jgarcia436

Help with K1 Interview

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

im writing this out of desperation with two questions to ask, my fiancé and I just received our NOA2 and she can no set up her interview. On the email we received it states that she needs an original birth certificate from her birth country(Iraq) she doesn’t have it and she notified the Iraqi embassy to ask for one and they said it would take weeks to months, we don’t have that time and she is a citizen of Sweden now. Would there be a way around this? Can we bring her Iraqi passport with translations to the interview or anything else? My second question is in regards to fixing mistakes we just now caught on our petition(129f) I spelt her middle name wrong as well as got her city of birth wrong. Can this still be fixed somehow? Do I have to call the embassy or should I have my fiancé bring an updated version to the interview? Any help is appreciated and thank you all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jgarcia436 said:

Hello all,

 

im writing this out of desperation with two questions to ask, my fiancé and I just received our NOA2 and she can no set up her interview. On the email we received it states that she needs an original birth certificate from her birth country(Iraq) she doesn’t have it and she notified the Iraqi embassy to ask for one and they said it would take weeks to months, we don’t have that time and she is a citizen of Sweden now. Would there be a way around this? Can we bring her Iraqi passport with translations to the interview or anything else? My second question is in regards to fixing mistakes we just now caught on our petition(129f) I spelt her middle name wrong as well as got her city of birth wrong. Can this still be fixed somehow? Do I have to call the embassy or should I have my fiancé bring an updated version to the interview? Any help is appreciated and thank you all. 

If you just received your NOA2, you still have several months to go in the journey.   Birth certificates are required documents 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, what you're intending to do is not good enough. Move heaven n earth, including emptying your bank account to get the birth certificate. Otherwise try to wait patiently for weeks for the normal process to play out. Start planning ahead for the rest of the process because immigration from Iraq is more difficult with the road blocks that are in place.


Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

No, what you're intending to do is not good enough. Move heaven n earth, including emptying your bank account to get the birth certificate. Otherwise try to wait patiently for weeks for the normal process to play out. Start planning ahead for the rest of the process because immigration from Iraq is more difficult with the road blocks that are in place.

Sweden as she is now a swedish citizen 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Sweden as she is now a swedish citizen 

Ahh, my mistake. I need to read better.


Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, payxibka said:

If you just received your NOA2, you still have several months to go in the journey.   Birth certificates are required documents 

My mistake we received the NOA2 a month ago, what I meant to say is that we have received the email to set up the interview appointment. My question about the birth certificate it’s hard to find an answer to, but as to my other question maybe you can assist me? Can I submit changes to my I 129f petition at the interview? I misspelled her middle name aswell as the city she was born in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jgarcia436 said:

My mistake we received the NOA2 a month ago, what I meant to say is that we have received the email to set up the interview appointment. My question about the birth certificate it’s hard to find an answer to, but as to my other question maybe you can assist me? Can I submit changes to my I 129f petition at the interview? I misspelled her middle name aswell as the city she was born in.

Make sure everything is correct on the ds160


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jgarcia436 said:

My mistake we received the NOA2 a month ago, what I meant to say is that we have received the email to set up the interview appointment. My question about the birth certificate it’s hard to find an answer to, but as to my other question maybe you can assist me? Can I submit changes to my I 129f petition at the interview? I misspelled her middle name aswell as the city she was born in.

You can attempt to send in a revised petition but it's more likely to reach the file if you bring a revised petition to the interview.


Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jgarcia436 said:

we don’t have that time

What do you mean?  If they are asking for a copy of her BC and delaying the interview for that, you do have that time, as you really have no choice but to jump through hoops to give them what they want.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like she flies to Iraq, or gets to the nearest Iraq embassy to Sweden to get her birth certificate....

 

  1. You can request for copies of a birth certificate in person at the Registry Office.
  2. When you submit your request to the Registry Office make sure that you have provided the following details:
    1. date of birth
    2. place of birth
    3. name of the parents
  3. Pay for the certificate.


If you are outside Iraq

You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Iraqi Embassy in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular section will be able to help in processing your request to obtain a birth certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean?  If they are asking for a copy of her BC and delaying the interview for that, you do have that time, as you really have no choice but to jump through hoops to give them what they want.  

Sorry for the late response, I was at work. Ignore we received our NOA2 in May and it says it expires on September is that how long we have to set the interview up? How long do we have between receiving the email and setting the interview is it more or less than that? The thing is my fiancé called and she was told the process could take months. It’s realky stressful that we got so far and my fiancé doesn’t have something as crucial as a birth certificate in hand, she has a passport and an Iraqi ID shouldn’t that suffice? Apparently not,  we emailed the embassy and they said that if she couldn’t get the BC she had to write about it as a hardship, I doubt this would get her approved, why pay the $250 fee if we won’t even get approved. Sad and frustrated rn, put in the effort and paid and waited so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jgarcia436 said:

Sorry for the late response, I was at work. Ignore we received our NOA2 in May and it says it expires on September is that how long we have to set the interview up? How long do we have between receiving the email and setting the interview is it more or less than that? The thing is my fiancé called and she was told the process could take months. It’s realky stressful that we got so far and my fiancé doesn’t have something as crucial as a birth certificate in hand, she has a passport and an Iraqi ID shouldn’t that suffice? Apparently not,  we emailed the embassy and they said that if she couldn’t get the BC she had to write about it as a hardship, I doubt this would get her approved, why pay the $250 fee if we won’t even get approved. Sad and frustrated rn, put in the effort and paid and waited so long.

I think BC is generally a non-negotiable piece in terms of the background checks, although maybe someone here knows of cases where there simply was not a BC to be had, and can chime in.

 

It is worth locating it though, as she will need it going forward for the rest of the AOS/ROC/citizenship etc processes.

 

If you haven't gathered the required documents before the NOA2 expires, the consulate in Stockholm can extend the validity date.  This happens at consulates all the time, often because no appointments are available.

 

Hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...