Hana1220

Sample Affidavit from witnesses of Extreme Cruelty

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

1. Could someone please give an idea or sample affidavit format that my witnesses of abuse could use to prepare their own affidavit? 

2. How many affidavit is needed? 

Also, would conversations recorded on a hidden voice recording device be considered as one valid proof for extreme cruelty for WAVA application? 

Thanks for your insights.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

simple to do an affadivt

1.  center  a header simply called AFFIDAVIT

2.  make a sentence stating name,  and state under penalty that i make the following statement to act as my express and official declaration to be honest and forthright.   I am making the statements below reguarding (say what it is you want to prove)

3.  state your name and address and DOB and where you were born

4.  Make a statement in your own words of what you have witnessed

make a line for the date                line for signature ( but do not sign until you are in front of notary)

STATE OF _______________________

COUNTY OF _______________________________

PERSONALLY came to me and appeared before me , the undersigned Notary,   the within named ___________________________, who is a resident of ___________________County, State of ________________________, and make her statement , upon oath and affirmation of belief and personal knowledge that the above-mentioned matters, facts, and items set forth are true and correct to the best of her knowledge.

________________________________________________________(signature and stamp of Notary

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's VAWA, not WAVA. Violence against women act.

You need an attorney experienced in VAWA cases. Even if someone where to provide you such a sample affidavit with detailed content about abuse, I wouldn't use it if I were you. Only an experienced attorney is going to be able to judge the content of such an affidavit as sound.

Join the VAWA thread for good advice.

https://www.google.com/url?client=internal-uds-cse&cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263:9725800110&q=https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/701616-vawa-part-13/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiMi7GGxJbjAhUPvKwKHSAcBwIQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2zm5ZfGlwqKtW0J0xDCxF8

EDIT: I see adil-rafa has posted the basic legal part of an affidavit. That's good to use; however, my advice stands and I think you should consult with an attorney on the content of such an affidavit.

Edited by Russ&Caro

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looking at OP's posts not sure it is VAWA?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.