ice-qube

I-130 fee money order still not cashed--time frame?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed our I-130 petition package with USCIS Chicago lockbox, which was delivered by courier there on June 19--and it included a $535 USD bank draft for the fees. As of yet, I have not seen the e-notification of acceptance (I sent the G-1145 form with it), and I also followed up with the bank and apparently the bank draft has not been deposited by them yet. 

Is this normal? This would make already 7 business days that they have had to cash this and get this ball rolling. 

Edited by ice-qube
edited for grammar

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

We filed our I-130 petition package with USCIS Chicago lockbox, which was delivered by courier there on June 19--and it included a $535 USD bank draft for the fees. As of yet, I have not seen the e-notification of acceptance (I sent the G-1145 form with it), and I also followed up with the bank and apparently the bank draft has not been deposited by them yet. 

Is this normal? This would make already 7 business days that they have had to cash this and get this ball rolling. 

Not unusual.   It seems the courier delivered items take longer to process than those sent by USPS .  Just my observation,  no facts to support 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

What is the typical time frame before they deposit the money and send this e-notification? There seems to be conflicting information about this...

I got ours in 5 days.  But others have reported up to 2 weeks.

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

I got ours in 5 days.  But others have reported up to 2 weeks.

Yeah I was hoping I would have seen some sort of acknowledgement by now. Do you know how long it takes after they deposit the fee payment in their account that they will send the notification?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Took my AOS petition 20 days for them to charge my credit card. Others took 3 days. I have no idea why some take longer than others.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

Took my AOS petition 20 days for them to charge my credit card. Others took 3 days. I have no idea why some take longer than others.

So bizarre. We couriered this petition via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox. I would think within a week they would open it and put the money in their account, after all, that is the only thing government typically excel at...

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah I was hoping I would have seen some sort of acknowledgement by now. Do you know how long it takes after they deposit the fee payment in their account that they will send the notification?

Our sms messages came right around midnight 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Same day they cashed it? What form of payment did you use?

I don't know cuz I didn't care but I assume same day.  When I paid for the petition via credit card, it showed on my account early in the day and sms came at 4pm

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I don't know cuz I didn't care but I assume same day.  When I paid for the petition via credit card, it showed on my account early in the day and sms came at 4pm

Gotcha. Well I am being #######, perhaps, but until I get some sort of sign, other than a Fedex delivery notice, I can't even prove they have my submission. 

FYI, the system censored me above for an innocuous word, not used in any vulgar sense. Sigh.

Timeline

My credit card was charged on a Wednesday, all the text messages and emails arrived the next day. The good thing is when I got my notices from them they all showed received on the day they actually received them at the lockbox, so I didn't lose any days technically. Just took them a while to process it. I used USPS priority mail, and was worried I had forgotten something and I was thinking my package was being shipped back to me. It was crazy, you would think the credit card would be the fastest way to get their money. It's basically instant, where a check takes a few days to clear.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

My credit card was charged on a Wednesday, all the text messages and emails arrived the next day. The good thing is when I got my notices from them they all showed received on the day they actually received them at the lockbox, so I didn't lose any days technically. Just took them a while to process it. I used USPS priority mail, and was worried I had forgotten something and I was thinking my package was being shipped back to me. It was crazy, you would think the credit card would be the fastest way to get their money. It's basically instant, where a check takes a few days to clear.

Well that's a good outcome then, I suppose. I am not sure how many days a bank draft takes to clear, but in theory, if it is deposited on a business day, I think it should be cleared overnight that day. This is assuming a lot, of course.

Timeline

I just double checked, Tracking number shows it was delivered on February 9th, 2019 that is a Saturday. Then the payment was processed on the 27th of the month, so really only 18 days if you count from when they received it, not from when I mailed it., not that that is too much better.

Feb 27, 2019

Transaction Type: Purchases
Posted: Feb 27, 2019
Category: Services - MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Reference Number: 
Merchant Country: United States

$1,225.00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.