Jump to content
ice-qube

I-130 fee money order still not cashed--time frame?

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We filed our I-130 petition package with USCIS Chicago lockbox, which was delivered by courier there on June 19--and it included a $535 USD bank draft for the fees. As of yet, I have not seen the e-notification of acceptance (I sent the G-1145 form with it), and I also followed up with the bank and apparently the bank draft has not been deposited by them yet. 


Is this normal? This would make already 7 business days that they have had to cash this and get this ball rolling. 

Edited by ice-qube
edited for grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

We filed our I-130 petition package with USCIS Chicago lockbox, which was delivered by courier there on June 19--and it included a $535 USD bank draft for the fees. As of yet, I have not seen the e-notification of acceptance (I sent the G-1145 form with it), and I also followed up with the bank and apparently the bank draft has not been deposited by them yet. 


Is this normal? This would make already 7 business days that they have had to cash this and get this ball rolling. 

Not unusual.   It seems the courier delivered items take longer to process than those sent by USPS .  Just my observation,  no facts to support 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

What is the typical time frame before they deposit the money and send this e-notification? There seems to be conflicting information about this...

I got ours in 5 days.  But others have reported up to 2 weeks.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

I got ours in 5 days.  But others have reported up to 2 weeks.

Yeah I was hoping I would have seen some sort of acknowledgement by now. Do you know how long it takes after they deposit the fee payment in their account that they will send the notification?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Loren Y said:

Took my AOS petition 20 days for them to charge my credit card. Others took 3 days. I have no idea why some take longer than others.

So bizarre. We couriered this petition via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox. I would think within a week they would open it and put the money in their account, after all, that is the only thing government typically excel at...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah I was hoping I would have seen some sort of acknowledgement by now. Do you know how long it takes after they deposit the fee payment in their account that they will send the notification?

Our sms messages came right around midnight 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ice-qube said:

Same day they cashed it? What form of payment did you use?

I don't know cuz I didn't care but I assume same day.  When I paid for the petition via credit card, it showed on my account early in the day and sms came at 4pm


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I don't know cuz I didn't care but I assume same day.  When I paid for the petition via credit card, it showed on my account early in the day and sms came at 4pm

Gotcha. Well I am being #######, perhaps, but until I get some sort of sign, other than a Fedex delivery notice, I can't even prove they have my submission. 

FYI, the system censored me above for an innocuous word, not used in any vulgar sense. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My credit card was charged on a Wednesday, all the text messages and emails arrived the next day. The good thing is when I got my notices from them they all showed received on the day they actually received them at the lockbox, so I didn't lose any days technically. Just took them a while to process it. I used USPS priority mail, and was worried I had forgotten something and I was thinking my package was being shipped back to me. It was crazy, you would think the credit card would be the fastest way to get their money. It's basically instant, where a check takes a few days to clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Loren Y said:

My credit card was charged on a Wednesday, all the text messages and emails arrived the next day. The good thing is when I got my notices from them they all showed received on the day they actually received them at the lockbox, so I didn't lose any days technically. Just took them a while to process it. I used USPS priority mail, and was worried I had forgotten something and I was thinking my package was being shipped back to me. It was crazy, you would think the credit card would be the fastest way to get their money. It's basically instant, where a check takes a few days to clear.

Well that's a good outcome then, I suppose. I am not sure how many days a bank draft takes to clear, but in theory, if it is deposited on a business day, I think it should be cleared overnight that day. This is assuming a lot, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just double checked, Tracking number shows it was delivered on February 9th, 2019 that is a Saturday. Then the payment was processed on the 27th of the month, so really only 18 days if you count from when they received it, not from when I mailed it., not that that is too much better.

 

Feb 27, 2019
 
Transaction Type: Purchases
Posted: Feb 27, 2019
Category: Services - MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Reference Number: 
Merchant Country: United States

$1,225.00

 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...