Nafisa11

221g While Slip from Mumbai Consulate for B1/B2 visa

19 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

we have plenty of cases here on VJ of AP being resolved after a year or more and clearly the case has still been active.

This is so true!

I have seen posts from members who have waited almost 2 years in AP.....beyond frustrating!

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Aha, this does indeed shed light on the matter - this form is the kind of questions they ask for further background screening/security concerns. Not usually the kind of things asked of older females, but clearly something triggered. This can indeed lead to quite extended AP (it’s similar to the questions asked on DS5535 and if you look at that forum you see most people wait months and some do wait longer than a year for a resolution). So all you can really do is wait.

i think your quote about the termination is if the applicant is asked to do something and doesn’t, because we have plenty of cases here on VJ of AP being resolved after a year or more and clearly the case has still been active.

Ohhh I see. Is there a way I could reach out somewhere or to someone for a more detailed update on the case?

Just now, Nafisa11 said:

Ohhh I see. Is there a way I could reach out somewhere or to someone for a more detailed update on the case?

Not really. You’re never going to get details on where they are for AP cases, just “wait and we’ll contact you when we’re done”. There won’t be any point reapplying because it’ll just be the same thing all over again.

23 hours ago, Nafisa11 said:

Hello,

I am on F-1 Visa and now working on OPT status. I had applied for my mothers visa nonimmigrant visitor visa on 2nd May 2018 at the U.S. Consulate (Mumbai), India, to come to the United States for my commencement ceremony. On the day of the interview, the officer at the consulate accepted her passports and said that her visas were approved. However, a few days later, my mother received a white slip from the consulate stating that her visa application to the United States was denied under section 221(g) and that it required additional documentation. Soon after this request, I submitted the documents on 22nd May but I didn’t hear back from them for the next 9 months, I decided to re-submit the documents requested for administrative processing again in February . Her case was last updated on 25/02/2019.

It’s been almost a year now and her visa is still under Administrative Processing. I have contacted my state Senator but did not get any leads. Online on the website it says, "After one year, an application refused under Section 221(g) is terminated per Section 203(e)."  Does this mean that her visa process is terminated by default and I can reapply for her visa now as it has been more than a year with no response?

I am really looking for some guidance on what should my next steps be.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Best,

Nafisa

Why would a state senator be compelled to intervene for any sort of B visa?  State senators represent the interests of the voters in their electorate, not potential tourists.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.