Zoltan K

Police Certificate - expediting

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

an interesting experience which I wanted to share:

Understanding of obtaining a Thai police certificate before getting it: takes 3 weeks, no expediting available. If asked for money for "expediting" refuse. Those who paid still waited 3 weeks to get their certificate. Normal request was for 1000 baht.

Actual experience: fiancee visited the Bangkok police HQ on June 11th to request. I told her to just pay the bribe money. They asked 2000 baht, took her photo on site and the police cert was mailed on June 17th, received in her house a few days letter in Chiang Mai.

So contrary to my belief, this was certainly much faster than the normal expected 3 weeks processing time. Not that we needed faster processing, I simply didn't want an upset officer to hold up the application for a few extra weeks...

Timeline

That is definitely interesting and good advice thank you. We are just about to begin our process and if we need to expedite this we will definitely attempt like your fiancee did.

Timeline

2000 Baht!!  Price has gone up, we paid 1500 in February and received the report in AoNang (Krabi) in 4 days.  As I remember, the officers (all female) didn't mention expedite, they just quoted the 1500.  I was aware of the true 100 baht cost, but like Zoltan, we just wanted it done and over and $30 more at that stage of things just wasn't a big deal.

Edited by AoNang
Clarify when event occurred

Timeline

My wife and her sister negotiated our expedite fee down to 500 over a cup of coffee the officers paid for at a shop around the way.

Edited by TEX_715

Timeline

Wow the price has gone up.  We paid 1000 baht back in 2018  :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I've paid 1500BHT in October 2018. We went together to Police HQ and the officer said that it will take about 4 weeks, but if we want it in a week they can do it for additional 1500BHT. Which we did. Documents came fast.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We paid the posted fee, believe it was 200 Baht, and received the certificate in a week. 

Tea money was never discussed. 

Thai police officers must love Visa Journey for the suggested amount. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.